Totally newbie Dish 1000.2 + VIP211K hookup

harrywhite

Original poster
Aug 15, 2006
Hi Friends,
I'm totally new at this ... getting ready to hook up the Dish ViP211K and 1000.2 dish for RV use. I've been all over the web and this site over the past two hours ... can't find the answer to a fundamental question.

The 1000.2 has 4 ports, 3 out .... do I have to run 3 cables from the dish LNB to the receiver? Posts here indicate that my dish has a built-in switch (whatever it is that a switch does) so ... ?

Sorry for the fundamental question, but it's not answered in the 1000.2 manual, and I can't for the life of me figure this out.

Thanks.
Harry

Hi Friends,
I'm totally new at this ... getting ready to hook up the Dish ViP211K and 1000.2 dish for RV use. I've been all over the web and this site over the past two hours ... can't find the answer to a fundamental question.

The 1000.2 has 4 ports, 3 out .... do I have to run 3 cables from the dish LNB to the receiver? Posts here indicate that my dish has a built-in switch (whatever it is that a switch does) so ... ?

Sorry for the fundamental question, but it's not answered in the 1000.2 manual, and I can't for the life of me figure this out.

Thanks.
Harry

A switch combines the satellites into one cable. Since the LNB has a built in switch, you only need to run one cable from the LNB, to the 211k

ohhh HIFI :rant: always beating me to the punch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts