TouchVision closes down

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
TouchVision closed down thew other day. It was a sub in a few of Weigel's markets but the main source was a 1 hour show (6-7am CST) on H&I and was also syndicated too. I know the Duluth FOX station picked up an hour in the morning of it.

http://www.chicagobusiness.com/arti...n-founded-by-radio-industry-veterans-shutters

TouchVision, the TV brand backed by Weigel Broadcasting, is shutting down, eliminating as many as 40 employees at the upstart Chicago outlet.

Angus Robertson, chairman of TouchVision parent Think Televisual, notified staff today in a meeting that it would pull the plug on the broadcasts, said Justin Allen, who was vice president of content and operations for Think Televisual. The other half of the Think Televisual staff will remain to work on Weigel projects, but Allen and those devoted to TouchVision are out.

The channel focused on local features, documentaries and commentary. Robertson wasn't immediately available for comment, but Allen said the shuttering was prompted by financial difficulties. “The challenges to find consistent paths to revenue” led to the closure, as did “overall costs of an organization started thee years ago that has inherent legacy issues,” Allen said.

as of today there were only 2 affiliates of it at the end
WMEU-DT2 (48-2) Chicago
WFBN-DT3 (35-3) Rockford, IL

Both Weigel stations

We had it here in the South Bend & Elkhart, IN, market on 69.3, one of Weigel's channels in the area. It made for, er, "interesting" background chatter.

I spotted Felonious Monk on "The Nightly Show" once or twice. Maybe he can be a regular now.

TiVo Roamio OTA DVR with Lifetime Service Back in Stock at Amazon

CoziTV adding "Little House" this fall

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)