Tough "Moving" Question

jmcclain925

Original poster
Aug 15, 2007
I've been scouring this forum and Dish Network Channel Chart (Unofficial)
for info but now I'm stuck, so I thought I'd post my situation in hopes that someone can help.

I have a 622 and I'm in the Indy area (110 TP 18s13). I'm wanting locals from a Northern Ohio city so I can watch Browns games. Indy and Toledo (110 TP 26s13) have the same spotbeam so I "moved" to Toledo thinking I could get Toledo's locals. However, I am unable to get a signal on TP 26.

I can get a low but steady signal (14-16 on the new scale) for Cleveland's locals (110 TP 31) and Transponder changes to Spotbeam in Point Dish, but based on the map Indy should be outside of Spotbeam 9. Is 14-16 too weak of a signal? And could I actually be picking up Spotbeam 9? Any insight would be appreciated.

I'm not sure about the Spotbeam 9 issue...but yes, 14 - 16 is waaaaaaay too low; even with the new signal strength meter. Others will chime in I'm sure, but IMO you need at LEAST a 25 to make things "survivable"

Would I be able to "move" to Columbus? I believe their locals are CONUS on 129 TP 21. I get that signal in the mid 40s.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)