Toy Story 3

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Max Fisher

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 23, 2007
It's technically not in theaters until this summer, but they've already released a bunch of promotional assets, so I figured we could start a thread on it anyway. I love this franchise and am really happy that there will be a 3rd installment this summer. The nice thing about Pixar is that you know it won't just be some sequel in order to make money. We are 99% guaranteed a great story.

I saw the trailer for it when we rented the BD of UP. Looks pretty good. Probably the only animated film I intend to purchase on BD (meaning TS1 and 2) when they come out this spring.

Here's the trailer for the film. I'm pretty excited to see this. I love me some Pixar, and so anytime they put out a new movie, you know the story is going to well thought out, and it's just an added bonus that we get a new story with Toy Story characters.

Wanted to bump this thread, were entering the summer movie season, so I was curious where Toy Story 3 ranks on everyone's must see list of summer movies. I'm still pretty excited for A) a new Pixar movie and B) a new story to the Toy Story franchise. There's some other great movies that are coming out this summer, but Pixar's are always as the top of the pack for me.

saw it at midnight last night. crowd was full of adults and teenagers, no kids

I liked it. Oddly it seemed a bit long. The 3D was well done and natural, I do not think 3D helped the movie, but it did not hurt it. I liked the first 20 minutes the best, the opening battle sequence was great.

I liked it. Oddly it seemed a bit long. The 3D was well done and natural, I do not think 3D helped the movie, but it did not hurt it. I liked the first 20 minutes the best, the opening battle sequence was great.

I saw it in 2D and saved $20 for 3 people. I don't think I missed anything at all. As the reviewer in our local paper said "You don't need 3-D. The characters are already three dimensional." As others have said, a good ending with closure.

Saw the 2D version as well at matinee prices, even!! My 3 1/2 year old loved it, and stayed glued to it the whole movie, except for "Can I have more Skittles?" :)

I enjoyed it, and I really liked the ending, but thought they left it open enough if they wanted to continue the series.

We went to the theater to see the 7:50 show in 3D, and the woman at the ticket counter says, sorry, that's actually in 2D. But there was a show that was starting in 2 minutes in 3D. She surprisingly did not charge us the extra $$ to go to that show. So we saw it in 3D (yes, me, the man who hates 3D, saw a film in 3D)...

And to be honest, I thought the 3D did absolutely nothing for the film. I almost felt gyped, in that the characters did not feel as real to me as they did in the earlier films. I look forward to the BD in 2D. Loved the film, a great end to the series that paid great homage to the earlier stories.

But I was pleased that the 3D did not give me a headache or anything. The technology has definitely improved, but I still am not a fan of the genre for LONG films.

Saw the 2D version as well at matinee prices, even!! My 3 1/2 year old loved it, and stayed glued to it the whole movie, except for "Can I have more Skittles?" :)

I enjoyed it, and I really liked the ending, but thought they left it open enough if they wanted to continue the series.

I think it is highly unlikely that there would be another one; I agree they left it as a possibility, but I am pretty sure this was a trilogy, and its done. Fair enough, as these are probably the only three animated films I can watch over and over and never get tired of them.

I think it is highly unlikely that there would be another one; I agree they left it as a possibility, but I am pretty sure this was a trilogy, and its done. Fair enough, as these are probably the only three animated films I can watch over and over and never get tired of them.

Agreed. After seeing TS3, I noticed that Amazon was having a sale on 1&2. Picked them up on BluRay. I generally won't upgrade from DVD to BluRay, but this was a series I wanted in the best possible format.

I am slowly replacing Laserdiscs, but that is a slow process. 80% of my collection simply isn't available on BR. I suspect that some of it will never be released.

I sure would like the classic MGM musicals, but I notice that the only ones they are releasing are the later ones that were shot in Cinemascope. I guess they haven't figured out what to do with pillerbox 4:3 titles.

I am slowly replacing Laserdiscs, but that is a slow process. 80% of my collection simply isn't available on BR. I suspect that some of it will never be released.

I was just looking through my LD collection the other day. I probably have 250 of them. Some were never released in DVD, so I suspect they will never make it to BD.

We just got home from seeing the movie in IMAX 3D.

I was disappointed with the 3D in the movie, as for much of the movie it seemed non existent. There were a few times when I took my glasses off and the picture didn't look any different.

They also didn't have their projector setup correctly as in the scene here Buzz is doing his Spanish routine the bottom row of the subtitles are cut off the bottom of the screen and were unreadable.

The movie itself was well done and the ending had me crying, it was very well done. The folks at Pixar are AMAZING at making the viewers feel the emotions of its characters in its movies. They hit another home run with this one.

The NIGHT & DAY short before the movie as also great and well done.

If I had to see it again I would skip the IMAX and the 3D as it didn't add anything to the film. (Although it did add a lot of the Night & Day short before the movie!)

Great job to the PIXAR folks for hitting another one out of the park!

Also just got back from it. Saw the 2D version, no desire to spend the extra $$ for the 3D. Also thought the movie was very well done and a fitting ending. Lots of High School aged kids there on dates, amazing how these movies appeal to everyone.

In many ways I felt like the 3D cheapened the film; these are already three dimensional computer animations, that are extremely realistic. By donning the 3D glasses, it lost some of the magic that the first two had, particularly since the 3D did not add any real special effects.

That said, I agree, it was a great end to the trilogy. Very few film franchises are able to pull off one story-line over three movies and maintain that level of quality. Toy Story is in that select group.

Outstanding finale to the story. Finally took the girls to the theater last night and we all really enjoyed the movie. Pixar is really one of those special organizations that just seems to hit a home run with each movie/story. We saw families, young and old couples, teens on dates and in just big groups. Such a great franchise.

We skipped the 3D version based on reviews.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)