Toyota Wins at Daytona Again

Todd Bodine Wins the Truck race at Daytona Tonight, winner of the NCTS Daytona 250

Kyle Busch 2nd
Johnny Benson 3rd

Toyota's been in the Truck series for quite some time now, so that is not a big deal for the Truck series.

Question is, will they win another race during Speed Weeks ???

Jimbo

Yes
They will probably win the 500 JGR
Them boys are fast.
FYI
I have no problem with Toyota being in Nascar, it is a shame that the Camry and Avenger are they only American Made Vehicles in Nascar. The Ford Fusion is built in Mexico and the Impala is built in Canada.

Yes
Them boys are fast.
FYI
I have no problem with Toyota being in Nascar, it is a shame that the Camry and Avenger are they only American Made Vehicles in Nascar. The Ford Fusion is built in Mexico and the Impala is built in Canada.

I have to disagree slightly...
Hendriks will win the 500 ....

All the Nascar cars are made in the USA, somewhere in NC, Charlotte, Mooresville, ect.

Those cars are built from scratch in NC for the most part.

Jimbo

I have to disagree slightly...
Hendriks will win the 500 ....

All the Nascar cars are made in the USA, somewhere in NC, Charlotte, Mooresville, ect.

Those cars are built from scratch in NC for the most part.

Jimbo

True
but their on the street counterparts are not. Mooresville is aweseome, we went to a bunch of shops their last year before we went to the 600.
By the way, I hate Hendrick and anything to do with them. I wish mark martin could have as good of a car as Jimmy or Jeffy boy.

True
but their on the street counterparts are not. Mooresville is aweseome, we went to a bunch of shops their last year before we went to the 600.
By the way, I hate Hendrick and anything to do with them. I wish mark martin could have as good of a car as Jimmy or Jeffy boy.

Sorry you feel that way about Hendrick, he's got awesome teams and equipment.
Waiting to see Jr win some races this year now that he's got a competent group around him ...
DEI really took a downward turn since Sr died.

As for Mark Martin, one of the classiest people you'll ever meet , I hope he does well regardless of who he's working with.

Jimbo

Go '88 Go

Yes
Them boys are fast.
FYI

I have a problem with Toyota, the Camry is not sold with a V8 but is raced with one. Not cool. Neither is the Fusion. I didn't like that Chevrolet was racing the Monte Carlo as it didn't come with a V8 either. But the Chevy crowd sure wanted a Monte Carlo SS with a V8 and I told GM that many times.

And the Toyota is not American Made, it is American Assembled and the profits go back to Japan. I own two Toyotas (I drive a Chevy PU), but I don't support their Nascar program as it is. Michael Waltrip can gush all he wants but it always comes down to the complete package, not just Toyota power.

And HATE is a very strong word and doesn't belong here. No one HATED Richard Petty when he was TOTALLY dominate. I drove a Dodge when the King was at the top of his game.

Hendrick has done a lot for competition in NASCAR. Catch up or acccept constant defeat. It's the American way. Toyota will win races, but with the fire that all the other racers have they won't dominate.

A dedicated fan since 1972...:)

I have a problem with Toyota, the Camry is not sold with a V8 but is raced with one. Not cool. Neither is the Fusion. I didn't like that Chevrolet was racing the Monte Carlo as it didn't come with a V8 either. But the Chevy crowd sure wanted a Monte Carlo SS with a V8 and I told GM that many times.

And the Toyota is not American Made, it is American Assembled and the profits go back to Japan. I own two Toyotas (I drive a Chevy PU), but I don't support their Nascar program as it is. Michael Waltrip can gush all he wants but it always comes down to the complete package, not just Toyota power.

And HATE is a very strong word and doesn't belong here. No one HATED Richard Petty when he was TOTALLY dominate. I drove a Dodge when the King was at the top of his game.

Hendrick has done a lot for competition in NASCAR. Catch up or acccept constant defeat. It's the American way. Toyota will win races, but with the fire that all the other racers have they won't dominate.

A dedicated fan since 1972...:)

The '07 Monte Carlo had a V-8 and the current Impala also has a V-8 available.
As you know they moved to the Impala this year as the MC is no longer made.

As for the Toyota's I personally don't care for them and don't drive them, I think the drivers have more to do with the victories than some think, otherwise Toyota would have won some last year, they put a good team in there Tony Stewart , Denny Hamlin, both from a quality Joe Gibbs camp, Toyota will do fine this year.

Actually I'm in need of a new car and am seriously looking at the Impala, but Nascar has nothing to do with the choice.

Jimbo

Anybody know when this race is actually going to start.
TV says 2 PM, so I figured 2:15, well it's going on 2: 40 now, if I knew it was going to start at 3pm I would have found other things to do till then.

Jimbo

nope. Well they may have if JR had half a brain and pitted.

There was talk that he and the spotter were talking and Eury Jr. failed to break in and tell him to pit, at least 2 right sides and a splash of gas would have definatley helped the situation.

Then again, if he'd had any teamate help, that too would have helped.
Johnson wrecked and Gordon had suspension trouble early on.
Jr ran 3/4 of the race without a shifter knob, it BROKE while shifting on a re-start early on.

Jimbo

There was talk that he and the spotter were talking and Eury Jr. failed to break in and tell him to pit, at least 2 right sides and a splash of gas would have definatley helped the situation.

Then again, if he'd had any teamate help, that too would have helped.
Johnson wrecked and Gordon had suspension trouble early on.
Jr ran 3/4 of the race without a shifter knob, it BROKE while shifting on a re-start early on.

Jimbo
For some reason I don't think SR would have waited for someone to tell him on the radio to come in with everyone else.

Jr had enough car at the end, Kyle busch going beliow the yellow line killed that last run. Jr was going for it, when Kyle had to back out, it just ruined it.:(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)