TP 4020 H on 101W

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I havnt been able to get it either. Although I'm still using my 6 footer. Havnt got around to the bigger dish

I cant get this transponder either on my openbox s10. i get other transponders on that satellite. I have a 7.5 ft unimesh dish. Is this dish big enough or would i need a bigger dish to get this.

The one thing I notice, on this TP, is the dish aiming is critical. A click, either direction, and it's blocking/freezing/blanking, But the Q is still 70-71. Moving another click and the Q goes down dramatically and video and audio are lost. Other TP's Q drops also, but not as dramatic as 4020, and don't notice the video breaking up until the Q drops below ~50. Actually, right now, it's the worst I've noticed it. It's really bad. Mis-tuned dish so Me is Q 55. Got solid A/V. 4020 Q dropped to 30. And blank screen.
Checked TP's on 103 and 99 and don't see any TP's that should be interfering.
Wonder if it's the FEC??? Heck, I just lost it. Q 71 but just a blank screen and no audio. Can't 'tune it in. Or did they go blank???
BTW, 10ft & S9 here. You can call me confused :confused:.
josh0207, Others have posted about other problems receiving this satellite. http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/283144-tv-metv-leaving-ses2-5-17-a.html ME and ThisTV, which are very well behaved here, unlike 4020. So I think I'd have to say this satellite and, in particular this TP, are a 'crapshoot'.
Hey, (just noticed) welcome aboard!

Update: Had the opportunity to watch this TP today. Coming in fine since 11:00am central time. Right at 3:30, it tiled/blocked a couple of times, then totally disappeared. Q did not change from the 71 it had been while watching it. Checked Q a few times and never a change but the A/V is gone. 15 minutes later, A/V started to return, tiled/blocked, and within 5 minutes, rock solid again. Call me confused alright.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts