Trade hd PPV for national hd

I thought I should put this thread back up front. After the retail chat today, I think we all know where dish can "reclaim" some bandwith.:) Someone metioned also that when sations like tbs is showing a hd program-then show it in hd if it is sd then do not waiste the bandwith. That would probably be too complicated for dish. It is a great idea for other stations as well. We would have plenty of bandwith to play with. Stations would not go for it either which is a shame.

I don't have problem with having HD-PPV channels, but I don't think we need that many, and some of the movies are quite old to asking a premium price. I think adding more premium channel HD feeds would generate extra income for Dish......I would be more inclined to sub to the Starz package if all the channels were in HD.

We tried Netflix for a while, 3 out of 6 DVD would be scratched, would skip, jump or not play correctly. We are in a 3 day ship zone so for a replacement, it would take a week, so we dropped them. Not having an HD player, the HD PPV is a good thing for us and I would rather have that than TBS HD stretchovision or TWC stretchovision.

Now when we do settle on an HD player, I am sure my need for HD PPV will drop, but heck, with the hard drive archive, we can save the HD movie for later, not something you can do with a rented DVD, legally anyway...

You might need a better DVD player if three out of six rentals wouldn't play.

I've had Netflix for 7 years and can only count maybe three or four movies I have gotten that haven't played. Including HD DVD and bluray for the last year and a half.

PPV HD channels make Dish a little money.

New national channels probably actually are a net loss for Dish.

PPV HD channels make Dish a little money.

New national channels probably actually are a net loss for Dish.

Some of these ppv movies are already on other channels we ALREADY pay for. What is the point??:rolleyes:

:D

Although I think those 2 were just moved, still it made room for 2 more nationals

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts