"Moving" while keeping locals

ekilgus

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 22, 2007
Southeast US
If I should "move" (for example to the NYC area) in order to get the locals in HD, would I be able to retain my actual locals if I got them through OTA? There are no channel number conflicts so would both sets of locals show up in the guide?

Would this present any other problems I'm not aware of? Would E* even care?

yes it will work fine. Just on your locals there will be no guide info. Just "digital local"

The NY locals will show in the 6000 (HD) and 8000 (SD) and your OTA ones can show up in their normal slots.

I had "moved" to get a neighboring DMA (SD) but used my 811 for OTA HD from my market. No issues there

I " moved" and get Houston both hd /sd locals and I live 90 miles away in the Beaumont/Pt.Arthur area and I get ota guide information for my channels. They are also up on the sat with DISH, but I perfer Houston for extra locals. So I have the best of both in sat hd and ota hd complete with guide information.

yes it will work fine. Just on your locals there will be no guide info. Just "digital local"

The NY locals will show in the 6000 (HD) and 8000 (SD) and your OTA ones can show up in their normal slots.

I had "moved" to get a neighboring DMA (SD) but used my 811 for OTA HD from my market. No issues there

I 'moved' to Dallas 8 months ago to get Dallas HD Locals through E*, but I get my Austin Locals OTA, and get actual guide info for the OTA locals, even for the subchannels that E* doesnt even provide to Austin subs.

Thanks for the input guys. I'm gonna do this as soon as I add a dish 500 or something equivalent to be pointed at the 61.5. No sense doing this if I can't get the NYC channels in HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts