TNT HD poor picture quality

Russell Jorgensen

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 9, 2006
Wisconsin
I watched "Saving Grace" on TNT HD tonight and noticed that the picture quality is very poor for HD. I noticed very bad Block Noise in the begining of the show and an over all reduction of picture quality from what I was used to seeing in the past. I have also noticed that recently other HD channels provided by Dish seem to have taken a loss in quality. Could this be because of all the extra HD sports channels that they have added?:mad:

The Closer looked like A$$. I'm about fed up with all so called HD programming anymore. I may just cancel everything and go OTA & Bluray only.

The Closer looked like A$$. I'm about fed up with all so called HD programming anymore. I may just cancel everything and go OTA & Bluray only.
you saying you think all broadcast HD is crap? While thats true on some channels, its hardly true on all of them

I will not participate in this campaign: switching to D* on Dec. 12.
Will have much more channels in HD and will save $200 in my first year on everything pack (including charge for D* HDDVR):D
Congrats! I would join you, but we're moving to a FiOS area and plan to sign-up with FiOS TV. Enjoy your improved HD picture quality and selection.

HD Net Movies is bad too!

Just watched 2010 on HD Net Movies and it was bad too. HD Net and HD Net Movies used to look very good. It seems that Dish Network may not have their mpeg4 encoding down yet.

I had thought about starting a thread about this, also.

In addition to crappy PQ on The Closer and Saving Grace, I DVR'd Alpha Dog on HBO... man was that awful (the PQ, not the movie). It was so bad I was afraid there was something wrong with my HDTV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts