Trade Starz for MAX and HBO

Is this promotion not available for everyone? I currently have the Starz promotion and am an HBO subscriber. When I log in to my account, the offer does not appear anywhere.
Not everyone is getting it. But you might want to PM a DIRT member and see what they can do. There are certain qualification one has to meet.

Not for everyone. Besides, as they are hoping to increase HBO subscribers, and you already subscribe, it doesn't make business sense to offer it to you.

The goal is to increase HBO subs, not pass out freebies.

BTW, I haven't received the offer either. There is nothing under "My Offers" except noting that I got the Sling Adapter.

I've had Starz free ever since I became a subscriber. They just called and made me the offer and I said no, I want to keep Starz for free. She said that in order to keep Starz, I would have to pay for it now. So I tried to get her to admit that they were taking Starz from me and she never would, but that is what happened. So rather than pay for Starz I took the free 3 months of HBO. She said they would call me before they started charging for HBO.

I've had Starz free ever since I became a subscriber. They just called and made me the offer and I said no, I want to keep Starz for free. She said that in order to keep Starz, I would have to pay for it now. So I tried to get her to admit that they were taking Starz from me and she never would, but that is what happened. So rather than pay for Starz I took the free 3 months of HBO. She said they would call me before they started charging for HBO.

This is not correct and sound very weird. We did not make outgoing calls to switch Starz for HBO/Cinemax. Did you give the caller any of your account information? Can you please send me a PM with your account information as I would like to see who made the changes to your account and that there are no other changes made? Please let me know, thank you!

Made the switch myself. Starz for a long while, seen all they had to offer. So now HBO and Cinemax... until I tire of that and the deal ends. ;)

maryb@Dish Network said:
This is not correct and sound very weird. We did not make outgoing calls to switch Starz for HBO/Cinemax. Did you give the caller any of your account information? Can you please send me a PM with your account information as I would like to see who made the changes to your account and that there are no other changes made? Please let me know, thank you!

I received an outbound call pushing the switch. I declined at the time but later took it up after a tech visit.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Dish called us the other night (Wed.?). Did not ask for any account information. Said we could get HBO and Cinemax free for three months. Nothing was said about Stars. Almost as soon as we hung up, we had HBO/Cinemax. The next day we noticed that Stars was not in our guide any longer. Called Dish and talked to a CSR who said that we had "traded" Stars for HBO/Cinemax and we were getting more premium channels for a longer period of time. Whatever, it's free. Went online to My Account/My Offers and found that HBO and Cinemax were to "Continue" Upon End Date. Well that was changed real fast to "Do Not Continue".

The whole ordeal seems just a little shady.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts