Transfer a Pokemon Diamond save to another copy

Derwin0

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 16, 2004
Peachtree City, GA
Okay, bought a Pokemon Diamond for my son's birthday last month. Tried to sync it up with his sister's Pokemon Ranch on the Wii to store stuff. It wouldn't connect so I called Nintendo's troubleshooting number. They had me send in the game for repair/replacement. Turn's out the stupid game was conterfeit. :mad:

Well, of course they didn't repair it, though shockingly the sent it back to me. :confused:
Well, I of course reported to them where I got it so they can bust the guy.

The problem though, is now I'm going to buy a replacement for my son. He would like to keep the save game, since he's already gotten halfway through it.

Is there anything that will allow me to backup a DS save game and transfer it to another copy of the game?

I had something like that for the Gameboy Color a long time ago, but haven't seen anything like that for DS. Only things I've seen are the cheat devices, but what I need is a save game manager.

im pretty sure what your looking to do is illegal (could be wrong) because you would be dumping the rom... and then trying to flash it onto a licensed cart... which i dont think is possible, you could probably flash it to a blank cart... but then your back to square 1

im pretty sure what your looking to do is illegal (could be wrong) because you would be dumping the rom... and then trying to flash it onto a licensed cart... which i dont think is possible, you could probably flash it to a blank cart... but then your back to square 1
I wasn't looking to dump the ROM, just get the save game file.

As it was, I found out that the Action Replay DSi will backup a DS save game and then restore it. So I was able to move the save onto the new copy.

It doesn't copy the ROM, only the save info, so it remains legal to use.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)