Transfer a Pokemon Diamond save to another copy

Derwin0

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 16, 2004
Peachtree City, GA
Okay, bought a Pokemon Diamond for my son's birthday last month. Tried to sync it up with his sister's Pokemon Ranch on the Wii to store stuff. It wouldn't connect so I called Nintendo's troubleshooting number. They had me send in the game for repair/replacement. Turn's out the stupid game was conterfeit. :mad:

Well, of course they didn't repair it, though shockingly the sent it back to me. :confused:
Well, I of course reported to them where I got it so they can bust the guy.

The problem though, is now I'm going to buy a replacement for my son. He would like to keep the save game, since he's already gotten halfway through it.

Is there anything that will allow me to backup a DS save game and transfer it to another copy of the game?

I had something like that for the Gameboy Color a long time ago, but haven't seen anything like that for DS. Only things I've seen are the cheat devices, but what I need is a save game manager.

im pretty sure what your looking to do is illegal (could be wrong) because you would be dumping the rom... and then trying to flash it onto a licensed cart... which i dont think is possible, you could probably flash it to a blank cart... but then your back to square 1

im pretty sure what your looking to do is illegal (could be wrong) because you would be dumping the rom... and then trying to flash it onto a licensed cart... which i dont think is possible, you could probably flash it to a blank cart... but then your back to square 1
I wasn't looking to dump the ROM, just get the save game file.

As it was, I found out that the Action Replay DSi will backup a DS save game and then restore it. So I was able to move the save onto the new copy.

It doesn't copy the ROM, only the save info, so it remains legal to use.