Transfer from Hopper to iPad

DougE

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
has anyone been able to use the transfer from DVR to an iPad function on their Hopper? I continue to receive a message that the
ip addresses do not match, but offer no way to correct it. Tech support had no clue, but said it must be a software prob
and were to send a software hit to my receiver to correct it. Nothing! still get same error message.

Works fine here on both Hoppers w/Sling.

Are you sure that your local area network is properly configured?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

I was expecting to see something like 192.168.0.7 or 93.231.xx.xx

Last edited:
Can you go to the command line (CMD in the search box) on a PC with everything turned on and issue the command ipconfig /all and tell us what it says for default gateway and DHCP server and we'll go from there?

Wow. I don't really know. Where do I locate this info? I so appreciate all of the help I am getting here. Love this place!
on your ipad, go to settings, wifi, press the blue arrow next to your wifi name, and it should show all that information there. Not sure on the hopper off the top of my head. List the info that list on your ipad.

IP address 10.0.0.9
subnetmask 255.255.255.0
router 10.0.0.1
DNS 10.0.0.1

kinda strange that you are setup on a 10.x.x.x instead of 192.168.x.x, but both will work. Now, go to your hopper, it's under settings somewhere, network, and ethernet (I forget the exact menu structure), and see what the same ip, subnet, gateway and dns is. The should all be the same except for the ip address.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts