Transfer to Cyberhome DVR

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

BANDITO4784

Original poster
Apr 28, 2008
Can anyone tell me how to do the hook-ups from a VIP622 receiver to a Cyberhome DVR ? I am having to replace our current VIP622 due to malfunction and I don't want to lose our recorded programs. I can't figure out how to do the wiring, to get everything to work.......

Thank You

The easiest way to keep recordings is to just enable external hard drive support ($40) and offload everything you want and then you can use that drive with your new receiver. I'm not familar with the Cyberhome DVR, so can't help you there.

The easiest way to keep recordings is to just enable external hard drive support ($40) and offload everything you want and then you can use that drive with your new receiver.
+1. Set it up and walk away. No real time baby sitting, changing DVD's etc.

The easiest way to keep recordings is to just enable external hard drive support ($40) and offload everything you want and then you can use that drive with your new receiver. I'm not familar with the Cyberhome DVR, so can't help you there.

+1

From doing a google search it appears the Cyberhome DVR is NOT a true DVR but a DVD recorder. If you do decide to use it all your recordings that are HD will end up downconverted to SD.

Once you activate the External Hard Drive Support, you can use any number of External USB2 drives to archive your recordings (Your only limited by how many drives you wish to purchase). You can only connect one drive at a time. Drives can be up to 1 TB in capacity. All Transfered content is encrypted so you can only access that archived content through your Dish receiver(s). If you have more than one Dish HD DVR you can share all your External Drives between all your Dish HD DVR's as well as soon with a Dish 211 receiver.

Archived content can be played back directly from the External Drive when connected to a Dish HD DVR.

The ability to create folders and organize your content is coming to the 622/722 Firmware for External Hard Drives.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)