Transferring from Hopper to EHD after being de-activated by Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rednert

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 24, 2007
Northern California
Some of you may already know this, but I didn't, so I thought I would post for those that don't. I just upgraded from Hoppers to HWS, and I set one HWS up and was transferring stuff to EHD on my other old Hopper. So I called to activate the one that was ready to go. The CSR I got said no problem and said she would activate the unit. She then says to me that she activated both units and that they would be ready to go. I told her that I didn't want the other unit activated because I was transferring stuff to the EHD on my old Hopper. She said she was sorry, but she had to activated both units, so I thought the transfer that I was doing probably had stopped. I went back to my family room unit and the transfer was still going. That got me wondering if I hook the Hopper that I had already disconnected up to my computer monitor and my EHD would I still be able to transfer stuff? Low and behold it worked, I was able to transfer anything I wanted without the unit being hook up to the dish and without it being activated. That made it to where I could go ahead and cancel my transfer on my family room unit and hook the new HWS up and finished transferring things with my computer monitor. If this has been said before, sorry I have never seen it, but I am one Happy Camper now. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)