Transformers Dark of the Moon

Well I have to say I liked this one the most. It had a plot that I liked. Perhaps because there was more human action and not just continous transformer CGI.

Well I have to say I liked this one the most. It had a plot that I liked. Perhaps because there was more human action and not just continous transformer CGI.
Glad to hear that. I left work early to see Transformers 2 and when I left the movie, I wish I would have stayed at work. Hopefully I will go on Friday to see "3".

I will be seeing it tomorrow morning. The second one was entertaining (in spite of the sometimes painful plot and inconsistent characterization). I'm hoping thus one is better.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Usually when a movie has a sequel or two, they are not as good as the original. I think it was the best of the three. The 3D was good, for it not being in IMAX. I liked the Airborne jump from the plane, makes me want to go sky diving!!!

cave1376 said:
Usually when a movie has a sequel or two, they are not as good as the original. I think it was the best of the three. The 3D was good, for it not being in IMAX. I liked the Airborne jump from the plane, makes me want to go sky diving!!!

I agree. Definitely the best of the three. 3D was the best I've seen since Avatar. I think natively filming in 3D makes a big difference.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I agree totally with Vurbano. When the explosions don't let up for over an hour, it isn't a 'special' effect anymore. Plot was boring and almost lost in the noise. I found myself drifting away to my thoughts. After the first 40 minutes, there was nothing left of what little plot there was.

On the first one, I kind of liked the interactions between the humans and the good transformers. It simply wasn't present here. I simply couldn't believe the subplot about the main character not being able to find a job and being dissed by the government. The introduced his parents and then just let that plot die.

I guess action movies these days have gotten to the point where they need the constant action of videogames, but I for one will pass. I can't believe I let the kids talk me into shelling out $58 for this disaster.

Vurbano and Jay's criticisms struck me as in line with everything I have read about this. The SECOND one was SO BAD for me that I swore I would never waste another dollar on that franchise. I think I'll stick with that original plan and just go see Super 8 again. :D

Vurbano and Jay's criticisms struck me as in line with everything I have read about this. The SECOND one was SO BAD for me that I swore I would never waste another dollar on that franchise. I think I'll stick with that original plan and just go see Super 8 again. :D
The first movie had something the 3rd did not. A lot of time was spent on the development of a relationship between the unpopular, uncool highschool boy and the out of his league bombshell. This movie had no character development or relationship development. The 2nd movie really didnt need that, we knew the background. This movie will appeal to the very young that want to see robots go at it for 2.5 hours but thats about it. FOr anyone that thinks I am just a hater, I actually own both the 1st and 2nd movie on BD but Im not sure there is a reason to own this one. BTW, its taken in less money than the 2nd movie and is proof that Micheal Bay and Shia LaBeouf will outright lie about how great the movie is.

vurbano said:
The first movie had something the 3rd did not. A lot of time was spent on the development of a relationship between the unpopular, uncool highschool boy and the out of his league bombshell. This movie had no character development or relationship development. The 2nd movie really didnt need that, we knew the background. This movie will appeal to the very young that want to see robots go at it for 2.5 hours but thats about it. FOr anyone that thinks I am just a hater, I actually own both the 1st and 2nd movie on BD but Im not sure there is a reason to own this one. BTW, its taken in less money than the 2nd movie and is proof that Micheal Bay and Shia LaBeouf will outright lie about how great the movie is.

I liked the first one, and the hd DVD is still one of the best digital transfers I have ever seen. The second was horrible. No story, nothing but Megan Fox and even my pubescent teenage son sad after an hour of her he had enough. The film was one of the longest 2.5 hours of my life.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

The first one is stellar, haven't seen the second... (only got around to the first one a year or so ago on HD DVD) btw at the first when flying over the sand, it is White Sands and in the background you can see Sierra Blanca which is our "local" ski area ... :D

And speaking of miss opportunities..

I was kind of interested in seeing how they would utilize the Milwaukee Art Museum. This building has stunning architecture and also a unique feature where the architecture itself is dynamic, movable art.

Milwaukee Art Museum by Santiago Calatrava

I was hoping that they would use that in the plot. Of course, without any plot at all... The museum was used as the bad guy's lair and there were some nice interior shots early on. The wings never moved, and they wasted an opportunity.

And speaking of miss opportunities..

I was kind of interested in seeing how they would utilize the Milwaukee Art Museum. This building has stunning architecture and also a unique feature where the architecture itself is dynamic, movable art.

Milwaukee Art Museum by Santiago Calatrava

I was hoping that they would use that in the plot. Of course, without any plot at all... The museum was used as the bad guy's lair and there were some nice interior shots early on. The wings never moved, and they wasted an opportunity.

Sounds like they wasted a LOT of opportunities. :)

We were in Chicago when they closed down Michigan Avenue to do some filming. But that in itself isn't enough to drag me to see it. :D

BTW, its taken in less money than the 2nd movie and is proof that Micheal Bay and Shia LaBeouf will outright lie about how great the movie is.

It is running behind the second, but I wonder how many soured on the franchise after the second?

They have already made a ton of money (through july 4 181M domestic, 218M foreign 399 total). Given that it is only 6days, they have a lot of incentive to make another one.

Every actor/director will outright lie about how great any film is when promoting it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)