Transformers Web Enabled Update question

SatinKzo

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 22, 2004
Louisiana
What is the "Web Enabled Update" everytime I put transformers into my A2? Anyone else get this each time you watch the movie? I figured ok, one time, no big deal, but it's every time for me.

Well, I found that it does this on the add-on drive for the 360, but only 1 other person reported (that I can find after wading around at AVS) it on their stand-alone players.

I know it can be cancelled. I was just curious as some users said it only appeared 1 time on their players.

It needs to download the list of web-enabled extras everytime, so thats what the wait is for.

Look at the list of extras, it could change. Not sure if it has or not, tho.

-John

Word of warning XBox HD-DVD users--

On the 360 Add-on, you've got to be very careful to disable cookies or it may lock up on you on subsequent viewings. AVSforum threads confirm this--I ran into an unfortunately common freeze after an initial load and web-content download. You get a brief 'web update' screen each time you load the disc, but it only takes a few seconds. Just keep the cookies turned off/denied and you should be o.k.

Word of warning XBox HD-DVD users--

On the 360 Add-on, you've got to be very careful to disable cookies or it may lock up on you on subsequent viewings. AVSforum threads confirm this--I ran into an unfortunately common freeze after an initial load and web-content download. You get a brief 'web update' screen each time you load the disc, but it only takes a few seconds. Just keep the cookies turned off/denied and you should be o.k.

Sounds similar to what happens with Heroes disc 2 (the one with web-enabled features). The disc freezes with subsequent viewings. The fix is to clear the HD DVD drive memory in the system blade of the dashboard. I assume the same is true for Transformers, but I haven't had any freezes....yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts