Green Lantern Movie News Update

whitewolf8214

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
May 13, 2004
Space
Green Lantern Movie News Update http://www.denofgeek.us/movies/green-lantern/247192/green-lantern-movie-news-update
The first hints of the direction of the new Green Lantern movie have started to surface.It's no accident that when Warner Bros. released their DC superhero movie calendar that Green Lantern was the furthest off in the future, with a June 19th, 2020 release date. Doing this serves two purposes: it puts as much distance as possible between this and Martin Campbell's 2011 failed franchise starter, it would allow audiences to get used to whichever new Green Lantern is introduced in the Justice League movies, and it would buy the studio time to figure out a new direction for the franchise.There are now the first indications of what that direction will take. Instead of focusing on a single Green Lantern, the new film may very well be a Green Lantern Corps movie, dealing with at least three of the Earth based Green Lanterns; Hal Jordan, John Stewart, and Guy Gardner.

New 'Green Lantern' Movie Revealed http://www.stack.com/2015/07/16/new-green-lantern-movie-revealed/?utm_source=yahoo
Amid the exciting announcements at this year's Comic-Con was the revelation that an upcoming film is in the works that will reboot the Green Lantern movie franchise. Despite the fact that the logo was unveiled during the introduction of the DC portion of the Hall H panel, the movie itself was not specifically addressed by the panel.Ryan Reynolds played the role of the superhero in the 2011 feature, in which he co-starred with his current wife, Blake Lively. As moviegoers remember, the film turned out to be a major disappointment. The failure of that project will likely create more pressure for the upcoming film to succeed.When the logo flashed on the screen at Comic-Con, it confirmed rumors that the Warner Bros. picture will be called Green Lantern Corps. According to comic book insiders, the title could indicate the direction of the film. In the DC canon, the Corps refers to an intergalactic police force which protects various sectors of the known universe. Collectively calling on the Central Power Battery via their famous rings, the heroes are able to harness the green energy of will to do such things as assemble weapons and fly through space.Of course, much depends on who is cast in the title role. Super Hero Hype reports: "It's unclear who will be the primary protagonist or protagonists of the film, but between Hal Jordan, Guy Gardner, John Stewart and Kyle Rayner, plus thousands of alien Lanterns, the possibilities are endless."A release date has not yet been announced, but the movie is expected to hit theaters sometime in 2020.

Tyrese Gibson Confirms Green Lantern Talks https://www.yahoo.com/news/tyrese-gibson-confirms-green-lantern-talks-111316958.html
Tyrese Gibson could be up for the role of Green Lantern after all… as he confirms he’s already been in talks to appear in DC’s ‘Green Lantern Corps’.It’s no secret that Tyrese Gibson really wants a part in the upcoming Green Lantern movie. After all, he’s spent the last few months campaigning for a shot as comic book hero, John Stewart. But while many fans dismissed his hints and teasing as a plea for a role in the film, it looks as though Gibson may have been granted his wish.During an interview with Collider, the 36-year-old actor revealed that he’s already met with Warner Bros. about a potential role in ‘Green Lantern Corps’.“I’ve already had a couple of meetings at Warner Bros., so we’ll see what happens,” he said. “I do believe that there needs to be more black superheroes out there, but that’s not even my motivation. I think I would be the best Green Lantern and based on my fans and supporters that spent around $6 billion in box office receipts, I feel like there’s a fanbase of fans out there waiting to see me put on this green suit and do my thing.”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts