Transition deal from Dish 6000? Pl. help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rvaidyan

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 24, 2004
Duluth, MN
Okay, I first promise that I did a few searches to see if the answer to this was already posted. I read through Scott's post on the NEW Dish Network info, but was unable to find the answer to these questions:

1. I have a Dish 6000u receiver (OWNED) and am wondering what the best deal is to upgrade to an HD DVR. Is there a special deal (starting April 1) that will give me a cheap upgrade to the 622 without having to just give away my owned 6000u?

2. Related to the above, I can currently call and get a vip211 for $49, right? I do NOT have to give them my 6000u, do I? Wil I own the 211 or will that be leased?

3. I currently only have the HD packs (Dish HD and Voom HD) and pay the $6 access fee. Can I get all the new HD channels and still only pay the access fee? That is, what is the best way to keep my HD programming (and get the Mpeg4 channels) without losing my ability to pay only for HD?

Thanks!

- RV

Hi,

1. The upgrade path for a VIP622 is $299. You may only get the $200 rebate if you have a 921 or 942.

2 and 3. Yes, you can get the VIP211 for $49. However, it will be leased and you must subscribe to a minimum of the Bronze pack for 18 months.

Either way you may keep your 6000. The only way to keep only the HD Pack is to own your equipment. ANother thread said it is around $42 just for the HD pack with a 622. Dishstore has the 211 for $369 and a waiting list for the 622 for $649.

Scott

So, you are saying that if I want to upgrade to a newer receiver, I CANNOT keep HD channels only (without AT anything)?

The only way I can keep my E* bill to $22 is to stay with my current receiver?

Sorry. Only if you purchase your receiver. If you lease, you have to commit. The HD pack by itself is $30 + $6 (HD enabling fee) + $5.98 for the DVR.

Scott

Aaargggh. I guess I'll hold on to the 6000 until they move ALL the HD to Mpeg4.

Let's say I decided to pay $49 and upgrade to the 211. Then, the absolute bare minimum I would have to pay is $30 + $6? And the $30 is just for the HD channels I am getting now (plus UHD and ESPN2HD)?

Why would they charge me an "HD enabling fee" if I am paying for HD programming?

Sorry for all these questions. Dish's pricing is making my head spin - I'm not normally this easily confused!

-RV

You cannot get the $49 deal and keep only the HD pack. They just won;t do it. For the 211, the minimum monthly programming would be $49 (HDBronze) and $6 lease fee.

There are also 5 additional Voom channels now in addition to ESPN2 and Uni. HGTV is rumored.

Scott

Thanks, Scott. This clears it up.

One remaining question - I thought if you subscribed to the HD pack, they waived the $6 lease fee. Am I reading that wrong?

-RV

There is a $6 lease charge on all the VIP receivers. When I leased my 811 there was a lease fee on that also. They waive the DVR fee for the 622 if you sub to the platinum pack.

I have a ViP622 and two 301's with the HD Bronze pack - my bill does not show any lease charge, just a DVR fee (5.98) and two additional receiver access fees (5.00 + 5.00). I least the 622 and own the 301's.

Perhaps I should keep my mouth shut and lay low, eh?

My next months bill will be published tomorrow, I'll double check then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)