Transitions: from analog to V-Box

Status
Please reply by conversation.

techno935

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 27, 2006
Pompano Beach, FL
Anyone have good or bad luck transitioning from their analog dish movers (Unidens, Toshibas, similar receivers) to the V-box? Does everything stay pretty well accurate? Odd question, but i'm thinking for the future here.

does everything stay the same ... no
you set everything up for the dvb receiver to controll then after that its seems easy :)
the v-box seems to me to be able to fine tune better.
if you are using a corotor then you will have to have a receiver that will change the polarity.
my analog box is still in the loop just not pushing the dish ( its currently looped out from the dvb receiver.
i much prefer the one receiver knowing what satellite to goto and moving the dish to it and being there. :)

Hey Techno!

I have had good success with the two VBox IIs that I have purchased over the past year. I started out originally using an analog to move the BUD, but it was only for less than a month.

The VBox IIs have been very accurate and are still doing a great job for me.

Fred

Just to let you know, I sent Bill at Ivy Stone Place an email asking about the V-Boxes...he told me a Vbox 5 will be coming in the next 30-45 days. Didn't have any other info except that its gonna be the same price.

I am leaving the analog receiver/BUD mover too, I just sold my Toshiba TRX-1850 on Ebay and I am gonna use an old MTI Standalone positioner until the Vbox 5 comes out...:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Found a Receiver Toshiba TRX-120

questions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)