Transponder 32 on the 61.5 sat dead?

Reporting at 11:25 AM Monday that the Weather Channel is no longer broadcasting from TP 32 but is now on TP 10. Heavy clouds with rain over Georgia skies show a strength of 50. :eek:

I have noticed that TP 32 has fluctuated in strength over the past few weeks.
May TP 32 RIP :angel:

UPDATE: Looks like TP 16 channels are now broadcasting from TP 31

Last edited:
Sorry, but I'm confused about these satellite issues. How many does Dish need and why are they all over the sky? It would seem like two or three could cover the whole US of A. Forget about Mexico as no one lives there anymore as they are all living in my town as evidenced by the number of dishes on "single family" homes and vans and pickups parked on the lawns. Canada is OK, but no need for any foreign stuff. Problem solved, eh?

Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS) has a certain amount of spectrum allocated (500mhz per location). There is only so many channels they can fit into this allocation. So, Dish needs 3 locations to serve all the channels they carry (remember there are a lot of local stations). They use 3 locations for east and 3 locations for west. They have single dishes that can do 3 satellites at the same time.

The US essentially has 3 centrally located slots 101, 110, 119. Dish has about half the capacity (DIRECTV has all of 101, a bit of 110 and 1/3 of 119). So, they lease 129. In the east the US has 61.5, Dish has all that satellite, and leases 72.7 from Canada and 77 from Mexico.

32 still good here. It is raining so has been going from 48 to 51.

16 however has a zero signal here in Connecticut.

That's weird that you could see 32 in the NE and someone couldn't see it in south central part of the US. I didn't think they had to different lobes for the north and south coverage.

Dear Valued Customer,

Early this morning, DISH Network experienced an unexpected audio and video interruption on transponders 16 and 32 at the 61.5 orbital services. This issue was resolved by moving the effected services to transponders 10 and 31. In order to accommodate the move, the international programming (listed below) that was previously on transponder 10 has been re-located to transponder 4.

If you have a QAM headend affected by this change, you can immediately restore service by retuning your existing transmodulators on transponders 16, 32 and 10 to the frequencies corresponding to the alternate transponders 10, 31 and 4. See details below:

Moved to Transponder 10

5-MAX
ACMAX
CNBC
FTV
HUSLR
MAX-W
MGM
MSNBC
TP207
TRV
TVVOD
TWC
WFN

Moved to Transponder 31

BIO
CTRC
GOLF
HMC
TENIS
VS.

Moved to Transponder 4

FSC+

SPORT

PFC

APCLR

KBS

HHS

PNTGN

ARTS

ALMA

PAEC

BTV

BTV

3ABN

D61.5

ECC

16,17,&18 are down here. 22, 23,25,26,28,30,& 32 are weaker than it used to be. Tiem to turn on the back up sat and shut down the old bird there.

The backup satellite is already turned on.... this is what let them fix this issue.

Also some of the TP's you listed 23, 17, etc come from E12 and not E3. I don't think 17 has had any video on that TP in quite a while.

I wouldn't worry about 61.5... E6 is on site and ready to kick in.

I don't get it.. if they have the new E6 ready to go, why not put the new channels on it and the locals in HD that are needed around here just as they are on 129 and save a whole big bunch of money with all the repoints they are asking customers if they want it or not. Seems to me that the transponders going out is a sign to come regardless of a new bird or not that they just don't understand logistics when it comes to Sat placement.

I don't get it.. if they have the new E6 ready to go, why not put the new channels on it and the locals in HD that are needed around here just as they are on 129 and save a whole big bunch of money with all the repoints they are asking customers if they want it or not. Seems to me that the transponders going out is a sign to come regardless of a new bird or not that they just don't understand logistics when it comes to Sat placement.

Locals are on E12... so take that out of the picture.

The point of the repoints is to get folks off of the mixed arc setups. Not really with the health of the satellites. Also E6 doesn't cover the NE that well.

Locals are on E12... so take that out of the picture.

The point of the repoints is to get folks off of the mixed arc setups. Not really with the health of the satellites. Also E6 doesn't cover the NE that well.

Problem that many are running into is the main reason they were put on 61.5 for HD's was they couldn't hit 129 due to the low elevation, blockage either by tree's or buildings.

disaster

The backup satellite is already turned on.... this is what let them fix this issue.

Also some of the TP's you listed 23, 17, etc come from E12 and not E3. I don't think 17 has had any video on that TP in quite a while.

This could be the "disaster" that will allow them to full utilize E6 and turn off the dying E3.

This could be the "disaster" that will allow them to full utilize E6 and turn off the dying E3.

Makes sense to me ,to go ahead and use Echo 6 at least till the new sat goes up to replace it in July. Why keep trying to shift hd channels from transponder to transponder as each one dies out?

Makes sense to me ,to go ahead and use Echo 6 at least till the new sat goes up to replace it in July. Why keep trying to shift hd channels from transponder to transponder as each one dies out?

E6 has a horrible foot print in the NE part of the states (Maine, etc)

Okay then the only hope is the new satellite launching come July. So until it is launched and up in service it looks like no new hd . But why can't they use the 72.7 satellite? They were supposed to be migrating all hd to that satellite anyway. The more they add to 72.7 the more room for hd on the remaining transponders on 61.5 right?

Okay then the only hope is the new satellite launching come July. So until it is launched and up in service it looks like no new hd . But why can't they use the 72.7 satellite? They were supposed to be migrating all hd to that satellite anyway. The more they add to 72.7 the more room for hd on the remaining transponders on 61.5 right?

They are using the new 72.7 satellite for the new HD. It is already scheduled to go there...and I believe testing there.

It is kind of a race now. How fast can they get the 110/119/61.5 users to pure arc setups vs failing transponders on E3.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)