Transponder/dish aiming.

beer4me

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 3, 2009
Gowganda North Ontario
I am tweaking my dish , and , when searching for a known good transponder , I was unable to get a signal , even knowing I was in the right spot. After much frustration , and , without moving the dish , I found , by trial and error , that , I had to go to another tp and back to the one I was looking for . just moving the dish would not show a signal. This is true for all sats. This is a strange one for me . Using a 2100 motor 39" dish , and an S9 receiver. Other than that , all works well. When all is set up , there is no issue changing channels or sats. I hope I explained it well. Any ideas ???

I always had that problem with my S9 when using DiSEqC 1.2 to fine-tune a position. It was infuriating (especially before I realized what was happening!) and I never heard anybody explain why it happened. I never had it when using USALS to locate the satellite and moving the dish manually though. The meter wasn't as responsive as my old Coolsat, but it was still usable.

Yeah- one of the aggravations, or if you prefer, 'features' of the openbox. I've usually use the G-Box E & W buttons to tune up. Then hit Store on the S9 with the remote.
Reverting to 'All Satellites' after a recording is another. Hitting 'Recall' on the remote twice is a work-around.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts