transponders change numbers

ked

Original poster
Nov 28, 2008
When I set transponders to a certain number I can get 62% strength on hd. If I check later because the picture isn't as sharp the transponder number has moved to another number which only gives me about 43% signal strength. The lower numbers it always says transponder in the setup page.When I change the transponder to a number where I get 62% signal where it says transponder in setup page it then switches to spotbeam. I hope this makes sense. Anyone know why the transponder number moves or is it suppose to? Is there a way to lock it in when the signal is 62%. Also I tweeked the dish and had 62% when done on hd.

SD vs HD

When I set transponders to a certain number I can get 62% strength on hd. If I check later because the picture isn't as sharp the transponder number has moved to another number which only gives me about 43% signal strength. The lower numbers it always says transponder in the setup page.When I change the transponder to a number where I get 62% signal where it says transponder in setup page it then switches to spotbeam. I hope this makes sense. Anyone know why the transponder number moves or is it suppose to? Is there a way to lock it in when the signal is 62%. Also I tweeked the dish and had 62% when done on hd.

Sounds like sometimes you are tuning the SD version and sometimes it is the HD version. They will be on different transponders.

The transponder that your satellite reciever is using is determined by the channel your are watching. Sometimes the transponder (transmitter if you will) for adjacent channel numbers will be different. Also, different channels may be on different satellites as well.

Problem with sound WS

New DISH Ad Campaign

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)