travel channel hd.

milslim

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 26, 2007
now d*seems like they just added this to their lineup,i really don't think there's any recovery for dish this month or even next they are about to lose many,many subs...i think:(

Do you watch a lot of the Travel Channel? The only reason I ask is because I see a lot of people getting all upset over all these channels that D* is adding in HD. Honestly, though, are these channels that people spend a lot of time watching?

I'm not trying to start anything, I'm just wondering.

I don't watch much that is not hd. Before I got a hdtv, I did watch this channel on a regular basis.

Travel channel has a lot of decent programs, and many are letterboxed... so it can be assumed that they'll at least upconvert (read, zoom/stretch) to make it fill a 16x9 screen. I have watched less (SD) over the last year or two due to E* terrible SD quality. Even improperly upconverted content is just so much clearer (higher bitrate) than the SD stuff. I would welcome this channel.

They will be able to keep up as soon as they can get another bird in the sky, that sea-launch explosion last year screwed them. Otherwise they'd have been right there with D* and D* knows this to be true.

Travel Channel has a lot of good programming. Here is what's on tonight.

Yellowstone: America's First National Park
6:00 PM, 1 hr
Tue 01/15/2008
TRAVEL 215 Nature/Travel/Other
TVG, English, 2006
A trip through Yellowstone National Park examines its unique geothermal features and vast expanse of wilderness.

Hamburger Paradise
7:00 PM, 1 hr
Tue 01/15/2008
TRAVEL 215 Documentary/Other
TVG, English, 2007
Examining the best burgers in the U.S. Also: the history of hamburgers and the rise of hamburger chains; wild-game burgers.

Best Places to Find Cash and Treasure
Agates 8:00 PM, 30 min
Tue 01/15/2008
TRAVEL 215 Travel/Documentary/Other
TVG, English, 2007
Kirsten dives for agates in Lake Superior.

Cash and Treasures

Copper 8:30 PM, 30 min
Tue 01/15/2008
TRAVEL 215 Travel/Other
TVG, English, 2006
Kirsten travels to the Caledonia Copper Mine of Lake Superior.

Bizarre Foods With Andrew Zimmern

Morocco 9:00 PM, 1 hr
Tue 01/15/2008
TRAVEL 215 Other/Travel
TVPG, English, 2007
In Morocco, Andrew samples lamb's head and pigeon pie.5

Mind Blowing Escapes

(New) 10:00 PM, 1 hr
Tue 01/15/2008
TRAVEL 215 Travel/Other
TVG, English, 2007
Included: a sunrise safari in South Africa; thermal springs at an active Hawaiian volcano; an anti-aging outdoor soak in Iceland.
Notice that 2 of these were filmed in 2006 and 4 in 2007.

Cmon, Dish, get with the program!

I called D* in regards to the Travel Channel HD, of course I was told that they had no info regarding the addition of that channel. Only that there were a number of HD channel scheduled to come on line in the next couple of months.

I, myself, would like to see this channel in HD on Dish only because I find myself watching more HD than SD because of the picture quality. And I do watch the Travel Channel on occasion but would watch it more if I had it in HD, I find myself watching a lot in HD only because the picture quality is better. I am giving Dish until April-May to add some new HD, USA HD, etc...if not, I will be selling all my equipment and moving to Directv, sad but true. I didn't pay $2500 for a plasma just to watch crappy SD. And it doesn't matter to me if the HD channel is stretch-o-vision or not, at least the picture quality is still better than the SD version.

Do you watch a lot of the Travel Channel? The only reason I ask is because I see a lot of people getting all upset over all these channels that D* is adding in HD. Honestly, though, are these channels that people spend a lot of time watching?

The biggest one people are complaining about is Sci-Fi HD, and that one is heavily watched. By me especially. I don't get worked up about the ones I don't watch, however. And yes, I do watch the Travel Channel.

I cant really see the need to put scifi in hd considering that there are only two good shows on there now and ones coming to an end. ( Eureka and Battle Star ) I know that there are alot of scifi fans out there so it would be nice if the company started putting better money or getting better producers and directors for the movies they make.

i beg to differ,i love watching ghost hunters and some of their origin.movies some of them r pretty good..

It's owned by Cox now, so that means that for all intents and purposes they are negotiating with a cable operator. We don't even have it yet, and this is one of Cox's largest service areas; we're hearing from them about March. (Also on the 2008 Cox agenda is VOD and a new Passport-based software guide.)

Wow, imagine that a bunch of guys who hang out on an online forum complaining that they don't want/care for Travel Channel HD and would much rather see Sci-Fi Hd. Both of these are as likely for DISH as any other.

Should we be celebrating the fact that another station is going HD. It creates another arena that DISH (and others) can add. Adds to the pressure for other stations (that more may care for) to create HD versions. Plus it makes customers get HD since there are more offerings.

I look forward to Travel HD being greenlit on DISH. It might make the HD Only pak look likely.

Isn't the Travel Channel owned by the same company that owns the Discovery channels and Animal Planet? Makes me think it will be on sooner rather than later if this is the case.

Honestly I do watch the travel channel alot, especially the World Poker Tour.

Isn't the Travel Channel owned by the same company that owns the Discovery channels and Animal Planet? Makes me think it will be on sooner rather than later if this is the case.

Use to be. Now it is separate and owned by Cox Communication.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)