travel channel hd.

Do you watch a lot of the Travel Channel? The only reason I ask is because I see a lot of people getting all upset over all these channels that D* is adding in HD. Honestly, though, are these channels that people spend a lot of time watching?

I'm not trying to start anything, I'm just wondering.

Ask yourself, why would they be upset if they don't watch them?

That's why I left DirecTv. They always said new channels were "coming" but would never give a date. And they never did.

a friend of mine has DirecTV. I have to say, the DirecTV interface is... somewhat not friendly. Example, on Dish, you can press Guide and you're ready to browse the channels. ON DirecTV, you have to press the Guide button a few times before you can get to channel browsing. Same thing with the DVR button. The DirecTV user interface really turns my off.

a friend of mine has DirecTV. I have to say, the DirecTV interface is... somewhat not friendly. Example, on Dish, you can press Guide and you're ready to browse the channels. ON DirecTV, you have to press the Guide button a few times before you can get to channel browsing. Same thing with the DVR button. The DirecTV user interface really turns my off.

D* has added an option on the HR DVR's that allows you to go directly to the guide, not the guide filter screen first. Don't understand what you mean about the DVR button, I press it and get the listing of recorded shows right away, alway's been that way.

It's amusing to read how one person values one channel over another. It's all a matter of personal taste. The bottom line is that once you get used to watching HD, SD channels just don't cut it anymore. EVERY channel needs to be broadcast in HD. I realize that there are real world constraints, but the time has come-- if you want to excel in such a highly competitive marketplace, every available HD channel needs to be provided-- immediately...

In certain ways, the DirecTV interface is better.

1. You can save a search criteria peramently.
2. While in the guide, you can highlight the channel number, press select, and switch the channel in the preview window, upper right, to that channel while still remaining in the guide.

I wish E* had that feature.

We should really be mad at The Travel Channel. They have allowed their programming to go into the toilet. It is called the Travel Channel for a reason.

It would not break my heart if we never got TC in HD.

We should really be mad at The Travel Channel. They have allowed their programming to go into the toilet. It is called the Travel Channel for a reason.

It would not break my heart if we never got TC in HD.

That's why Discovery Network dumped TC. Now that Cox has just take over TC. Let's see what they can do with it.

I was just thinking while "constantly" flipping the channels that The Travel Channel would be an ideal HD channel. Nature shows rock in HD so someone's dropping the ball on this one. Yes, TT has a lot of cheesy shows but Vegas Week is awesome or anything about Vegas for that matter is great to watch. What about Florida week? That's pretty cool too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)