I signed up for the 29.99 Hd Only Everything Pack Today

tigerfan33

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 12, 2007
Alabama
I thought I would make a separate thread for those that signed up for this package. Please post:

Detailed bill

Channels included (sd local channels you will recieve)

I had a couple questions about this: can you order the sirius radio channels a la carte with this package, or at all I guess? And, if they add more HD channels in the future, are they going to be included in this package? If anyone has any thoughts, I'd appreciate it... I've been lied to by the CSR's quite a bit in the past :)

Actually, there is no pak called '29.95 HD Everything'
You only get sirius with the 200 ch pkg.
and you only get music channels, no talk shows.

There are now two HD paks: HD Essentials, and HD Ultimate

HD Essentials: if you get the sd(andHD) channel in your selected program package, you also get it in HD. If they add an sd/HD ch to your package, you'll also get the HD ch. But if you want NatG-HD, you may have to go up one package to get the sd and HD ch.

HD Ultimate: you get all existing HD channels, if you're on the 250 package. And you will get all new HD channels.

fred

Actually, there is no pak called '29.95 HD Everything'
You only get sirius with the 200 ch pkg.
and you only get music channels, no talk shows.

There are now two HD paks: HD Essentials, and HD Ultimate

HD Essentials: if you get the sd(andHD) channel in your selected program package, you also get it in HD. If they add an sd/HD ch to your package, you'll also get the HD ch. But if you want NatG-HD, you may have to go up one package to get the sd and HD ch.

HD Ultimate: you get all existing HD channels, if you're on the 250 package. And you will get all new HD channels.

fred

I respectfully think you are wrong, since I just ordered the package.

Couple of questions for ya...

Did you order the local channels? If so, does that include SD and HD locals?

Also, are SD PPV channels available for purchase with this pack?

Thanks!

The dishHD stand-alone package includes all HD channels and their SD counterparts. Public Interest channels (SD) are still included.

Adding locals to the dishHD stand-alone package includes HD and SD channels.

There was no down-grade fee, contract requirement, or enabling fee... Just the DVR and lease fees apply.

I just made the call to DISH too. I have had the stand-alone HD pak for the last couple of years.
But i have not received any new channels since the last 5 voom channels were added. After talking with DISH they dropped my old stand-alone HD and then put me on the new stand-alone HD package and now i have every channel listed on their web site.:) But if this pak is set up like the previous stand alone package. I doubt we get anything new, but you never know?

I didn't sign up but did a chat with Dish. She told me my total bill would be 53.95. I asked if I dropped one receiver what it would be, She told me 12.95 less. She told I would get ALL of my locals I recieve now which is PBS,CW and another independent station. I would get those in sd. I asked about a commitment and she said there was none. I asked if I were eligible for this package and she said I am.

I also asked about new hd channels and she said they were being launched today.:D

I changed to it this morning. It includes the SD versions of all the HD channels even if there is different programming on the SD's like for HGTV and Food. When I go to CH 100 now and select weather, it only displays the numbers and radar map: no SD Weather Channel above it.

I called to sign up for it today.

First I got the standard Indian CSR. He didn't know what he was talking about.

He tried to sign me up for the ultimate HD add-on. Then, I told him I couldn't do that without an ATxx package. I told him I wanted the HD Only Package for $29.99. Asked him what the bill would be. He got it wrong a few times, didn't add locals, didn't add my owned 622 dvr fee. Finally, we got to $40.97, a price that matched dish builder. Then he told me I had to sign up for a 2 year commitment, even though I already own my receiver. Again, not a very smart guy.

So, I got transferred to someone who spoke English natively. Went through the same stuff with him. He got the price wrong a few times because he didn't add locals, or the DVR fee. We finally got to the price of $40.97 again, which matched dishbuilder. He said he could do it with no 24 month commitment. I said, "Sign me up". I waited for half an hour, and the programming still wasn't turned on, then I had to leave for work.

When I log-in to my account and look under recent activity, it doesn't show any changes were made.

I will have to call them and go through it again.

I think dish purposely doesn't inform their CSRs correctly, all of the mistakes they make seem to always be in Dish's favor!

My bill should look like this according to dishbuilder, and 2 csrs:

HD Only Package: $29.99
Locals $5.00
DVR Fee: $5.98

Total: $40.97

I asked the 2nd CSR about the HD Enabling fee, he said that this is qualified programming, and it is not charged for this package.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)