I signed up for the 29.99 Hd Only Everything Pack Today

I want some one with this package to tell me that they are able to see The Science Channel.

See ya
Tony

Tony: I can see it in my ALL SUB Guide for HD only package on CH 9490 HD and CH 193 HD map down. When I press on both, I can view the programming.

Last edited:
I found out why I don't see my channels, the CSR scheduled an appointment without telling me to install a dish on my roof for the 129 orbital slot. Funny thing is I don't need this, I told them I have 61.5 which mirrors 129. The CSR knew this, and still scheduled an appointment, but didn't tell me or consult with me about any times.

I sure hope this doesn't affect my bill. I'm gonna be really mad if I find out that because they wanted to come out for an install that they put me in a 2 year commitment!

Dish could save a lot of money if they would just spend a little money on training their CSRs better! Incompetence is costs a lot in time spent undoing mistakes like this....

Called up this morning, got an actual American gal for a CSR, took about 10 minutes, got my locals and new rate is 42.99, much better than $95 a month and no SD crap that I never watched, still get my local DT from antenna, but I do get the Greenville-Spartanburg and the Charlotte locals OTA with great signal strength, so I just wanted the guide info from Dish. All in all I am a happy camper.

HD RSN how to Justify $40

OK, so i just did the dishbuilder, and for the HD ONLY, locals, HBO, 2nd receiver and dvr fee, my total monthly fee comes to $61. However, if i want my RSNHD, and maintain the equivalent HD channels, then i need to go to AT250, which breaks out to $101/month. That is ridiculous, how can i possibly justify spending $40 for 1 additional HD channel? am i missing something here?

OK, so i just did the dishbuilder, and for the HD ONLY, locals, HBO, 2nd receiver and dvr fee, my total monthly fee comes to $61. However, if i want my RSNHD, and maintain the equivalent HD channels, then i need to go to AT250, which breaks out to $101/month. That is ridiculous, how can i possibly justify spending $40 for 1 additional HD channel? am i missing something here?

I'm in the same boat. There is no way I'm going without my HD RSN next baseball season when almost all of the games will be in HD.

Can I bother someone that has already made the switch to call and ask if you can order NHL center ice for a half season, and if so ask if that includes the HD games. I know the word earlier was that they wouldn't do that, but that may be different now that it has launched.

edit: Oh and Tigerfan33 and whomever else, did you do the 24 month commitment or when you talked to csr rep did they waive the $50 fee?

Called up this morning, got an actual American gal for a CSR, took about 10 minutes, got my locals and new rate is 42.99, much better than $95 a month and no SD crap that I never watched, still get my local DT from antenna, but I do get the Greenville-Spartanburg and the Charlotte locals OTA with great signal strength, so I just wanted the guide info from Dish. All in all I am a happy camper.

Guess they figure $43 is better than $0 and the $80+ going to DirecTV.

IF DirecTV had an HD only deal I would have gone over to them, but I don't want to spend what I was spending at Dish for all the crapola SD channels at DirecTV also. I noticed that the shopping crap is still lit up for me, so you guys who have wives that need those might be alright doing the HD only pak.

Last edited:
Can I bother someone that has already made the switch to call and ask if you can order NHL center ice for a half season, and if so ask if that includes the HD games. I know the word earlier was that they wouldn't do that, but that may be different now that it has launched.

edit: Oh and Tigerfan33 and whomever else, did you do the 24 month commitment or when you talked to csr rep did they waive the $50 fee?

I did the online chat. She told me I could do this pack without a commitment. I know some on here said they had to get a 24 month commitment. I will wait until next week to make this switch. This pack was made for me.:)

So if you now have NHL CI, you can't get the HD Only package unless you discontinue CI (with no refund, of course)?

Or will they not allow you to discontinue CI and tell you that you are just not eligible for the HD Only package until the hockey season is over?

This is no way to run a railroad (or a satellite TV service)!

dishhd.jpg

Sorry if this has already been asked...

If somebody subscribes to distant networks through All American Direct, those would still be operating in SD, wouldn't they? (I know they aren't offered in HD).

And even though I'd want my baseball in HD, is it possible to get the Multi-Sport package along with this package (even though it would be SD)? I think I read in the fine print somewhere that it wouldn't but I'm curious if anybody has tried.

Cade

How about the PI channels cspan and fstv are they included
210, 212, 9415
No they are not included. The PI channels are the shopping channels and Dish Network channels. The only SD channels you get that have real content are the ones you also get in HD. You will get what ever channels are in the free preview though. Also all the premium sd are there.

You can add the PI channels for free, call and ask for the "Public Interest Channel Package". C-SPAN is included but C-SPAN2 is not.

Tried the chat and the person couldn't find that package. They found the Alaska Public Interest Package, which she claimed was their PBS package....I guess I will have to call and see if they can find it.

Call me at the DISHSTORE on Monday to sign up with this package as a new customer... 800-807-0837

Not only will you get the same promo as signing up through DISH, but we'll also give you a $100 rebate for signing up through us!

Tried the chat and the person couldn't find that package. They found the Alaska Public Interest Package, which she claimed was their PBS package....I guess I will have to call and see if they can find it.

Next time have the CSR look at Dish Network's own web site!

DISH Network -- Channels

Look at the bottom listing.

DISH Network -- Channels

It says...

Available in:

PUBLIC INTEREST CHANNELS

Same holds true for all the other PI channels.
DISH Network -- Channels

See ya
Tony

I had to call tech support when I added it shortly after the family pack was introduced. The outsourced support people had no idea what I was talking about.

Thanks for the tip TNGTONY, took a couple times to explain it to an English speaking CSR as she understood I couldn't have anything that wasn't HD. I explained to her that this is a stand-alone package that people with no Dish Service can get, she finally found it and the channels were there in 5 minutes....The wife is happy now, free Hindi shows...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts