I signed up for the 29.99 Hd Only Everything Pack Today

sure i have a 622 and i'm on month 11 of my 18 month contract. Hd package plus locals 34.99 plus 5.99 dvr fee. My bill per month will be about 40.98 plus tax according to the csr.

To be honest the csr never broke down the charges for me but he told me the total would be 40.98 or 40.97. So i did the math the hd package is 29.99 a month, add locals for 5 dollars a month. That gave me 34.99 so then the rest unless i'm mistaken is the dvr fee. So you should be able to get this package like i did for about 40.97 a month plus tax, with dvr if you include locals.

Try using dishbuilder on dish's website. I just checked to see what the price would be for new customers as well. It came out to 40.97 a month with locals. Dvr fee is also stated as being 5.98. Hope this helps.

Tony,

I turned on my tv today and voila! -- CSPAN (210) was on! I checked against the list Scott made and I am now missing only RFDTV (9409). It seems this channel is missing from the "All Channels" program guide as well so maybe it is no longer carried. Of course I don't get the 6 61.5/148 channels as I am not pointed to these satellites. I guess one of my calls/emails finally got through to the right person!

BTW, while going through the All Channels" listing, I could not find my RSN's. These channels were originally 411 and 417 and had additional HD equivalents of 9411 and 9417. I am curious why they are not listed in this listing and colored in red to indicate I don't subscribe...

Thanks for your help!

RFDTV is no longer a PI and moved to another channel.

The RSN do not show up if not subbed just like local channels do.

The back of the Dish "New 2008 Programming Package Guide", that accompanied the latest letter attempting to get me (an existing customer) to sign up for DishDVR Advantage, outlines the three new HD packages.

Next to the dishHD $29.99/month white ball is...
"All you need to get the best sports and movies in HD -- over 40 channels! With this package you can subscribe to HD without an America's Top package and enjoy all the benefits of HD!" [Emphasis mine].

The fine print below it is a jumble of limitations of one or more of the three HD packages including the requirement for a subscription to qualify programming (AT100, AT200 etc.). No wonder the Dish CSRs are so confused.

Talon Dancer

I got the same brochure in yesterday's mail, I'm planning on downgrading to the hd only pack, almost got the wife convinced she can live without the few sd channels (TCM, GSN, E,) she watches on a semi-regular bais. I said, "Now we'll get Natl Geo & Science Channel that we didn't get under at200; we can catch up on the series you miss (Kyle XV, Monk) when they come out on dvd." It's been a tough sell but she's coming 'round to my way of thinking:D
(Yeah, I can say that till the cows come home and all of us with wives OR gf's
know better:) You're right, the brochure is confusing when you read the fine print, typical for E*.

I tried chat again and was able to get the HD Only pack. The message from the agent was a bit confusing. She told me the HD pack was only for folks without a qualifying pack, so I'd have to drop all of my existing channels in order to get it. So, I essentially downgraded to no package, then 'upgraded' to the HD Only pack. Whatever it takes, I guess.

Maybe the agents are being told that you can't add the HD Only pack to othter qualifying packs, such as AT100, and are responding the wrong way when asked to move folks. Or maybe I just got lucky and got an agent that didn't understand the restriction and just signed me up anyway. Either way, I was able to get the package I want, which is good.

Feedback needed on DishHD

I don't have any cable/dish right now. We get our HD OTA only. My wife and I are tempted to get the dishHD package. I have a question to those that got the dishHD ($29.99 deal) recently. Do you think it is worth it? Do you actually watch all those channels or are they are just fluff material? Science, Discovery, Animal Planet seem interesting. My father-in-law is visiting here for 2 months and he loves golf. So, golf channel might be good for him too. Also, I have to HD TVs, however I would like to spend money for only one HD-DVR for the basement home theater TV. However, I would like to watch some programs from the living room TV also. Can I get by on one receiver. Can I hook up the HDMI and component out? Are they both active at the same time. The two TVs are directly above each other with just a floor between them. If this does not work out, can I use a coax connector for RF signal from the downstairs to upstairs.

$40.97 is my estimate for dishHD+locals+DVR. I am hoping to get a 722 DVR.

Feedback needed on DishHD

I don't have any cable/dish right now. We get our HD OTA only. My wife and I are tempted to get the dishHD package. I have a question to those that got the dishHD ($29.99 deal) recently. Do you think it is worth it? Do you actually watch all those channels or are they are just fluff material? Science, Discovery, Animal Planet seem interesting. My father-in-law is visiting here for 2 months and he loves golf. So, golf channel might be good for him too. Also, I have to HD TVs, however I would like to spend money for only one HD-DVR for the basement home theater TV. However, I would like to watch some programs from the living room TV also. Can I get by on one receiver. Can I hook up the HDMI and component out? Are they both active at the same time. The two TVs are directly above each other with just a floor between them. If this does not work out, can I use a coax connector for RF signal from the downstairs to upstairs.

$40.97 is my estimate for dishHD+locals+DVR. I am hoping to get a 722 DVR.

ALL Outputs on the 722 are active at the same time, so you can hook one up via HDMI and one via Component and have HD on both TVs. However, you will have to watch the same thing on both TVs. There is no way to have separate programs.

As for the question about the programming, it depends on your tastes. We like the programming on many of the HD Channels. Some do not. It is all in your particular tastes. The HD Channels look good, especially compared to the SD counterparts and other SD channels.

Geoff

I called (the online help chat wasn't available) to change from at200 (dvr advantage) + locals + Cinemax .01 to the $29.95
hd only pack. "Mary" (at least she wasn't "contrary") was able to process the change, at first she said I'd need a dish for 129; I said no, I've got one for 110/119 and one for 61.5; took about 25 minutes for the call. My bill should look like this now:
29.95 hd pack
5.00 locals
5.98 dvr fee
7.00 lease fee for the 622 (I was a little suprised at the buck increase, had been paying $6 a month lease fee, guess Charlie needs the extra $$$. Say, maybe I could request my extra buck go into the "Tivo fund":D

The Cinemax .01 deal is supposed to stay on the account.

I'll save ~$32 a month (with tax) without giving up much, hopefully the WAF will be OK.

Last edited:
I am still on an 18mo commitment from an upgrade to the 722 last September, but got them to allow me to change programming from AT100/HD Ultimate/Locals to HD Standalone/Locals.

According to Dish my new bill will be:

Dish HD standalone $29.99
Locals $ 5.00
DVR Fee $ 5.98

Total (plus taxes) $40.97

They said I would also keep the remaining 6mo of my $10 for 10mo promotion.

I have never had Dish before. I just called the dishstore people and signed up for DishHD + Locals + HDDVR for $40.97/ month. My installation is scheduled for Sunday 2/24. I know I should request the public access channels (including Colours) for free after the installation. I called Dish to inquire about the cinemax for 1 cent deal. They told me I have to wait until after installation for that. Is there any other deal I am forgetting about? Any other caveats during installation..

Using Dishstore you will likely not have to worry about problems, but ask Claude from the Dishstore if you are missing anything. He will treat you fairly and let you know what's out there.

See ya
Tony

I got my dish installed yesterday. It took forever!! I hate the wiring in my house. The basement was finished by the previous owner and I don't know what they did to the wiring. There are four coax outlets in the basement alone and only one worked from the outside. I was using it for my comcast high speed internet. I was also using a splitter to get local HD channels. But now since my HD TV is in the basement, I had to move my cable modem/wireless router to upstairs and use the cable feed in the basement for Dish. I also have an outdoor antenna. I don't have another outlet in the basement. Is there anyway I can combine the dish signal and the outdoor antenna to bring one cable in. I believe a Winegard signal combiner will work (my outdoor antenna needs a 12VDC feed to energize the amp in it). I used to have this winegard signal combiner, but misplaced it. I will have to find that. Once the cable comes in, it goes through a diplexer (for the SD feed to upstairs TV). Question is - if I want to use my outdoor antenna for OTA, can I still use the signal combiner outside the house and then another diplexer inside the house to get OTA to the OTA input of the VIP722.

Experience with the 722.

It is a pretty nice piece of hardware. My old Sony DHG-HDD250 was sluggish. The 722 is a lot better. Also, the OTA tuner in it is very sensitive. I could not bring in an out door antenna into my basement since I have only one coax coming in, so I hooked up a silver sensor to the OTA input of the 722. All local channells get good strength. I am impressed. On thing though - some of the channels don't have program guide information - it just says "digital service".

Again - what is the hard disk size in 722?

I have been completely unlucky in changing to this package, Csr's, both online and on the phone say it's for new customers only.

I had resistance also, I tried two times with an online chat. Both times they were very stern that it was for New Customers only. No matter what I replied with, they wouldn't budge. I tried again on the phone, I had no problems at all. They didn't even question it once. I would just reaffirm what has been said through out this thread and many times in other threads. Keep playing the odds. (Customer Service Roulette) You will find the representative that will make the changes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)