I signed up for the 29.99 Hd Only Everything Pack Today

Thanks folks! I appreciate the prompt and complete replies!

Mike:

Oxygen channel #127
Amc channel # 130
IFC channel # 131
Fuse channel # 158
Hallmark channel # 185

These are free preview channels that will go away when the free preview is over. Check channel 102 for details.

Espn alternates #145,146,147
Vs channel #151
Golf channel #401

COOL! These are technically the SD versions of the HD channels you get so it makes sense, but it's nice to have confirmation.

Nasa channel # 213
SkyAngel # 262
CCTV9 # 265
3ABN # 9710

These are part of the Free PI pack which also includes the channels in the 9400 range. I am surprised you didn't keep those, but if for some reason you want them you can call and get the Public Interest Pack added for free to your package.

All shopping channels # 137,216,217,218,219,220,221,222,223,224,226,227,22 8,229

Shocked! I'm just shocked. :) How kind of them! :D

See ya
Tony

That explains why the extra channels with no hd equivalents were in there. I forgot that DISH had stopped doing previews on the special channels in the 280s. Oh well I get all those channels with Directv too. I really don't care about the Public interest channels as I never watched them .

40 hd CHANNELS DOES NOT MAKE THE 70 OR 80 CHANNELS THAT dISH CLAIMS THEY HAVE. f you add HBO (1), Starz (1), Cmax (1) Showtime (1), you still have only 44 HD channels. What am I missing.

40 hd CHANNELS DOES NOT MAKE THE 70 OR 80 CHANNELS THAT dISH CLAIMS THEY HAVE. f you add HBO (1), Starz (1), Cmax (1) Showtime (1), you still have only 44 HD channels. What am I missing.
15 or so HD PPV and a bunch of HD RSNs. Oh yeah, you're not supposed to get RSNs with the HD Only package.

several questions from newbie

Hi, I am planning to subscribe to this HD only package, which will be my first time to subscribe to satellite service. I just need your help to shed some lights on several questions. I really appreciate.

1. I have 2 LCD HDTVs and want to receive HD programs on both TVs independently. Should I get 2 HD receivers? it seems that VIP722 only outputs one HD and the other one in SD.

2. If I need 2 HD receivers, how many coax cables should be physically run from dish to the receiver?

3. my TV armoire has 2 shelves on the top for dvd player or HD receiver, but the width is only 15.5". The spec from VIP722 shows the width as 16". Could you let me know the exact width of VIP722 if you have one? if it is indeed 16", I need to request VIP611 (I don't know if I can get it or not), which only has width 13.5". I basically don't want to put the receiver in the bottom of armoire and have to open the door to operate it.

Big thanks!

Last edited:
Hi, I am planning to subscribe to this HD only package, which will be my first time to subscribe to satellite service. I just need your help to shed some lights on several questions. I really appreciate.

1. I have 2 LCD HDTVs and want to receive HD programs on both TVs independently. Should I get 2 HD receivers? it seems that VIP722 only outputs one HD and the other one in SD.

2. If I need 2 HD receivers, how many coax cables should be physically run from dish to the receiver?

3. my TV armoire has 2 shelves on the top for dvd player or HD receiver, but the width is only 15.5". The spec from VIP722 shows the width as 16". Could you let me know the exact width of VIP722 if you have one? if it is indeed 16", I need to request VIP611 (I don't know if I can get it or not), which only has width 13.5". I basically don't want to put the receiver in the bottom of armoire and have to open the door to operate it.

Big thanks!

I will try to tackle some of the questions.

1. I have 2 LCD HDTVs and want to receive HD programs on both TVs independently. Should I get 2 HD receivers? Depends on your viewing habits. If you want different programs on both TVs, then YES you will need 2 receivers. If you don't mind the same output on both TVs then you could hook one up through HDMI and one through Component, but they will see the same exact programming at the same time.

2. If I need 2 HD receivers, how many coax cables should be physically run from dish to the receiver? It depends on what dish they run. If they use the 1000.2, then you can get away with 1 coax from the Dish to each receiver and they will use the Separator (it looks like a splitter, but is very different) to get the 2 inputs for the receivers. Otherwise you would need 2 Coax Lines.

3. Could you let me know the exact width of VIP722 if you have one? I am not sure of the exact dimensions of the VIP722, but they seem to run very hot. If you are close to what they say the dimensions are (within a couple inches) I would recommend trying to move the 722 to somewhere that is open around it. Ours is in a cabinet that has approximately 1 inch on each side and about a foot above it (with an open front so air can flow around it). When we first got it, we have a shelf about 4 inches above it and it caused it to overheat.

As for your install questions, they will probably set you up with some type of Standard Installation. If so, the installer will hook up everything you need (in terms of lines to receivers and stuff).

Geoff

Geoff, thanks a lot for your quick answer! I really appreciate for the tip so I probably try to shoot for 611. /chad

I'm thinking of switching back to Dish from Cable with this HD Only pack. Can anyone please confirm for me whether or not I would get Dish's music channels (not Sirius) with this? And are they the one's that normally come with the 100 or 200 package?
Thanks.

Sorry, no. No music channels in the HD only package.

However, the Dish CD add on for $5 (or so) is still listed on my account page as an available option.

Sorry, no. No music channels in the HD only package.

However, the Dish CD add on for $5 (or so) is still listed on my account page as an available option.

That's what I was afraid of. :(

Another question then, is it true that the lease fee on the first receiver is waived as it is in other Dish packages. My dad who sells Dish service said "yes," but then again, I don't think he's had anyone ask for the HD Only service yet.

Thanks again.

Yes, I was asking about the audio-only channels, but now that you mention it, I assume the SD version of MTV is included in the HD Only pack. Thanks!

Yes, I was asking about the audio-only channels, but now that you mention it, I assume the SD version of MTV is included in the HD Only pack. Thanks!
I don't believe so as MHD is not simply an HD version of MTV. MHD is unique programming with MTV, VH1, and some other stuff (kind of like how HGTV-HD has some HGTV and some DIY rather than just an HD version of HGTV - although it seems to have the SD channel also... weird). I do not see MTV in my program guide.

That's what I was afraid of. :(

Another question then, is it true that the lease fee on the first receiver is waived as it is in other Dish packages. My dad who sells Dish service said "yes," but then again, I don't think he's had anyone ask for the HD Only service yet.

Thanks again.
Not for me, but I think other people are seeing the lease fee waived. I believe the difference goes back to what agreements were in place when I originally got my 622; there was no provision to waive the lease fee at that time.

I plan to pursue this in a month or so after my billing settles out. Previously I was benefiting from an error on their part so I didn't see the point in pushing the issue. ;)

Thanks for the responses. Looks like I'm better off with my cable co. for the time being (especially since they recently added 15 new channels!). If Dish gets SciFi HD and USA HD, I may be tempted again. :)

Good luck! If cable presented a legitimate line-up with reasonable pricing, I would consider it. Each time I move I take a look at cable and DTV. Over the past 10 yrs it has always been easiest to stay with Dish. One day that will change. ;) For now... status quo for me.

Thanks folks! I appreciate the prompt and complete replies!

Mike:

These are free preview channels that will go away when the free preview is over. Check channel 102 for details.

COOL! These are technically the SD versions of the HD channels you get so it makes sense, but it's nice to have confirmation.

These are part of the Free PI pack which also includes the channels in the 9400 range. I am surprised you didn't keep those, but if for some reason you want them you can call and get the Public Interest Pack added for free to your package.

Shocked! I'm just shocked. :) How kind of them! :D

See ya
Tony

24 hours later, no response...

Response back from ceo@dishnetwork.com was that current customers can't get the HD Only Pack. It's not considered a 'qualifying' pack for leasing a 622 for existing customers, only for new customers. Again, I'm not under contract and only have 1 receiver, account in good standing, over a year since I signed up....

That really annoys me. It's not like I'm asking for a discount - I just want to sign up for a valid package they offer. Before they had this HD Only Pack, I didn't worry about AT250 too much as it was only $10 more than what I would have had otherwise in order to get Versus. Now, I know there's a package out there with every channel I watch that's $35/mth cheaper and I can't get it and that makes me really dislike AT250 now. Funny how that works. Guess the best thing I can do is vote with my wallet, though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts