I signed up for the 29.99 Hd Only Everything Pack Today

I changed to it this morning. It includes the SD versions of all the HD channels even if there is different programming on the SD's like for HGTV and Food. When I go to CH 100 now and select weather, it only displays the numbers and radar map: no SD Weather Channel above it.

Not that I don't trust your message and I probably missed it reported elsewhwere but can anyone else confirm that the SD version of the HD channels are also included?

Call me at the DISHSTORE on Monday to sign up with this package as a new customer... 800-807-0837

Not only will you get the same promo as signing up through DISH, but we'll also give you a $100 rebate for signing up through us!

Got any deals for existing customers who want to upgrade hardware? (I need a 211 to replace a 301)

My change went smooth with the online chat representative. Total is 40.97 before taxes. I have one 622. I was able to keep my Cinemax offer and they also added the Public Interest channels that I didn't know I was missing before. This is a great change from my $70+ bill where we didn't have NatGeo. Science, or Vs.

My change went smooth with the online chat representative. Total is 40.97 before taxes. I have one 622. I was able to keep my Cinemax offer and they also added the Public Interest channels that I didn't know I was missing before. This is a great change from my $70+ bill where we didn't have NatGeo. Science, or Vs.

Are you still receiving the SD Cinemax channels?
Thanks

HD Only package if under contract?

Still have a few months to go. Can I change to this package and staisfy my current agreement? I'm paying too much for too little. I watch HD about 98% of the time anyway. :)

Thanks

I just switched to the HD Only package (plus locals). I am able to keep my CI package (including HD broadcasts). I didn't ask, but I expect I could order it again next season.

There are a number of other SD channels still available (IFC, AMC, etc.). I know I am going to miss my RSN's (Fow Sports West and Prime) but so far they have had very few HD broadcasts of NHL games (Ducks and Kings) and they had few HD broadcasts of Dodgers and Angels last year. I can't justify paying $50 more/month just to get these two channels...

Maybe Dish will add a RSN deal to the HD Only package in the near future. I'd pay $10/month...

Edit -- IFC, AMC and a few others are available to me because they are on free preview...

Last edited:
Are you still receiving the SD Cinemax channels?
Thanks

The dishHD deal made me finally upgrade from my DishFamily and single 301. While I have not received my 211 yet, I was able today to add the Cinemax deal for .01 to the DishHD package. I am currently getting some random SD channels and Cinemax on my 301. The CSR (english) did confirm that the DishHD and cinemax deal are combinable.

There are a number of other SD channels still available (IFC, AMC, etc.). I know I am going to miss my RSN's (Fow Sports West and Prime) but so far they have had very few HD broadcasts of NHL games (Ducks and Kings) and they had few HD broadcasts of Dodgers and Angels last year. I can't justify paying $50 more/month just to get these two channels...

I'm confused: are IFC and AMC (not to mention TMC) somehow available on this package? If so, awesome! If not, bummer but I'll probably still get it.

Also, on another note: does anyone know whether the Sundance channel still come in the Showtime movie pack along with the SD Showtimes channels?

For now I'm hanging tight to see if new HD additions rumored in the coming couple of weeks will get added into this dishHD pack. I'm guessing yes, but I want to see it happen before I jump.

CDH.

I am new to this discussion and thinking about getting the dishHD. What is this 1 cent Cinemax you guys are talking about? Any details.

The .01 Cinemax deal is if you agree to go paperless billing and AutoPay. It's supposedly good for 1 year, but I've seen that it can be had up until 2010. You can not be a current Cinemax subscriber, even with the three free month promo that some people get when they first subscribed.

I'm confused: are IFC and AMC (not to mention TMC) somehow available on this package? If so, awesome! If not, bummer but I'll probably still get it.

Also, on another note: does anyone know whether the Sundance channel still come in the Showtime movie pack along with the SD Showtimes channels?

CDH.

IFC, AMC, Oxygen, Fuse & Hallmark are included for this month only as this are Free Previews only. No more Preview on channel 280 range instead they made everyone see the free preview on their original slot channel. Check channel 102. Hope that helps.

Yes, the Sundance channel is included in showtime package of Dish & DirecTv (FYI, this are only available on SD not HD on both satellite services.)

Called last night and subbed to the new HD pack at 29.99 plus tax, no locals. (I get locals OTA.) I am/was a current subscriber to the old, greatly reduced, HD pack at $9.99 monthly. Bought a 211 and replaced the 811 so that i could make the switch. Call went well, until:
"You need a new dish in order to get the new HD package".
No ,I don't need a new dish. I'm getting all of the sats now. Have been for several years with the 811.
"Well, computer says you have to have a new dish to get the 129 satellite".
Don't need or want a new dish. All ok as is. Had been receiving Voom on 129 until they went MPEG4.
"Well, computer says you have to have a Dish 1000 and won't let me enter your order without it".
I have a Dish 1000. Have had it. Been using it.
"I'll have to talk to someone in support. Please hold."
(Now we hold for 30 minutes)
"Good evening. How can I help you?" (Oh no. Not a support person. Another CSR)
Start all over again.
Losing my patience. Explained that all I want is the activation and the new sub.
"Sir, what pack is that? I don't see it. And, you must have basic service to get HD"
I lose it. Explain everything again including the new HD only package.
"Sir, you need a new antenna. I see now that a serviceman will be installing your new dish on .......".
Don't want. Don't need. No one home for that anyway.
"Sir, the computer won't let me enter it without a new dish."
The discussion continued. Let me talk to someone else.
"Sir, you will get the same answer."
Let me talk to a supervisor.
"Good evening, sir. Walter here. How can I help you?"
Calmly explain what I want, again.
"No problem. Fix you right up."
I'm watching HD.
Took about 1 hour. Totally un-necessary.

Joe

Called last night and subbed to the new HD pack at 29.99 plus tax, no locals. (I get locals OTA.) I am/was a current subscriber to the old, greatly reduced, HD pack at $9.99 monthly. Bought a 211 and replaced the 811 so that i could make the switch. Call went well, until:
"You need a new dish in order to get the new HD package".
No ,I don't need a new dish. I'm getting all of the sats now. Have been for several years with the 811.
"Well, computer says you have to have a new dish to get the 129 satellite".
Don't need or want a new dish. All ok as is. Had been receiving Voom on 129 until they went MPEG4.
"Well, computer says you have to have a Dish 1000 and won't let me enter your order without it".
I have a Dish 1000. Have had it. Been using it.
"I'll have to talk to someone in support. Please hold."
(Now we hold for 30 minutes)
"Good evening. How can I help you?" (Oh no. Not a support person. Another CSR)
Start all over again.
Losing my patience. Explained that all I want is the activation and the new sub.
"Sir, what pack is that? I don't see it. And, you must have basic service to get HD"
I lose it. Explain everything again including the new HD only package.
"Sir, you need a new antenna. I see now that a serviceman will be installing your new dish on .......".
Don't want. Don't need. No one home for that anyway.
"Sir, the computer won't let me enter it without a new dish."
The discussion continued. Let me talk to someone else.
"Sir, you will get the same answer."
Let me talk to a supervisor.
"Good evening, sir. Walter here. How can I help you?"
Calmly explain what I want, again.
"No problem. Fix you right up."
I'm watching HD.
Took about 1 hour. Totally un-necessary.

Joe

Just shows how untrained these csr's are for when new things change within a company.

Called up and changed from AT250 + HD + locals + Multi-Sport to HD Only + locals today. It went very smoothly, and he offered to add back the Multi-Sport. I declined (there's only so much baseball you can watch on the RSN channels), but the offer was on the table.

My bill is now half what it was before, and the only channels that we might miss are TV Land and the Comedy Network. Actually, I'll kinda miss the Encore movies, but not that much. The main reason I went for AT250 in the first place was for NatGeo and Science Channel, and they're both HD now. :)

Called up and changed from AT250 + HD + locals + Multi-Sport to HD Only + locals today......Actually, I'll kinda miss the Encore movies.....
Here are details of Dish Networks new $29.99 HD Only Package! (You will not be able to order this package until February 1st)

o dishHD – $29.99/mo. or $34.99/mo. with locals (where available) – Effective February 1, 2008......

– If they wish, dishHD customers may also subscribe to the following: ........
? A-la-carte services such as BabyFirstTV, Bloomberg, Bridges TV, RFD-TV, Sentanta Sports, The Outdoor Channel and Veria.

mdonnelly,

Based on Scott's post, you might want to call and ask if the $5 Encore Pak is available "ala-carte".

Okay, just to get a straight answer, some one with the HD only pack PLEASE answer this question completely:

Does the Dish HD Only pack include the SD version of the HD channels?

Do you get History HD and SD, TNT HD and SD, or do you only get the HD versions? Same for all the other HD channels (Discovery, TLC, etc)

This is very important. I have two SD receivers and one HD receiver for two rooms. I want to make sure the SD receivers still get some programming if and when I switch.

(for the record I won't be doing that until SciFi is part of the HD pack)

Looking to get
Dish HD + Locals + 4 Premiums + Encore Movie Pack.

See ya
Tony

I have the HD pack and you get the sd versions of all the hd channels . You also get the following channels that I didn't expect to get:

1. Oxygen channel #127
2. Amc channel # 130
3. IFC channel # 131
4. Espn alternates #145,146,147
5. Vs channel #151
6. Fuse channel # 158
7. Hallmark channel # 185
8. Nasa channel # 213
9. SkyAngel # 262
10. CCTV9 # 265
11. Golf channel #401
12. All shopping channels # 137,216,217,218,219,220,221,222,223,224,226,227,228,229
13. 3ABN # 9710

Okay, just to get a straight answer, some one with the HD only pack PLEASE answer this question completely:

Does the Dish HD Only pack include the SD version of the HD channels?

Do you get History HD and SD, TNT HD and SD, or do you only get the HD versions? Same for all the other HD channels (Discovery, TLC, etc)

This is very important. I have two SD receivers and one HD receiver for two rooms. I want to make sure the SD receivers still get some programming if and when I switch.

(for the record I won't be doing that until SciFi is part of the HD pack)

Looking to get
Dish HD + Locals + 4 Premiums + Encore Movie Pack.

See ya
Tony

You get the SD version of all HD channels in the package, if an SD version exists. If you have an HD DVR (e.g. - 622, 722), on the 2nd TV you get both the SD and HD versions of these channels, plus the HD versions (in SD format) of channels that are HD only. The SD receiver will receive only the SD versions of the SD channels.

Hope that helps...

I tried changing from AT250 to the HD Only pack a few minutes ago via online chat. I was told I couldn't as the offer was for new customers or customers who don't have a programming pack. I'm under no contract with Dish and my account has always been in good standing - which I pointed out to the agent to no avail.

I don't feel like playing agent roullet, so I dropped an email to ceo@echostar.com to see if anything could be done. It makes no sense to me that I can't sign up for a valid pack simply because I'm a customer who already has a valid package. Silly, and a great way to get me to check out the prices to switch to cable or DirecTV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts