Travel with 722 model?

dummy

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 23, 2007
I currently use a VIP211 at each of two homes and on the road with my travel trailer. I'm thinking of getting a 722 DVR and wonder if there are any special considerations or problems that might be associated with unhooking the 722 from one place and moving it to another and re-hooking up. I realize I can't drop the unit and things like that. I'm referring to any technical issues associated with cabling, switches, etc.

Finally, I'm only talking about moving the 722 itself. I already have a outside dish installed at each place.

Thanks for any comments!

Garys- That comment went way over my head. At both of my homes I only have a single RG-6 cable to goes from inside the house up to the dish on the roof. Can you tell me a little more about those switches? Would DISH install them for me and can they travel easily?

What type of dish do you have, Is it for 2 satelites or 3?
If you have the 1000.2 dish with 3 satellites(3 round circles), you will be fine with 1 cable just like you currently have.

If you have only 2 satellites(Dish 500) then you need to make sure you have the correct LNB on the dish, a Dish Pro Plus(DPP) so that you can get by with 1 cable from the dish.

Dumb question...Just wondering though...

How long before can use DIU?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)