Traxis DBS-2500 and SG2100 motor

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tjpiccone

Original poster
Jun 4, 2006
I recently installed the motor, and found the satellite closest to due South, which is AMC-5 (I live near Pittsburgh).

My question is: How do I store the location of this satellite before moving to another? After setting the dish to the proper location for AMC-5, if I change the DiSEqC setting to Motor, the dish moves. If I move it back and save the settings, the dish moves again and no longer points at AMC-5. Quality goes to zero.

I must be missing something, and I cannot find any information on how to do this task, which I suspect is a very common one.

Any help is appreciated.
Tom

Using USALS make sure to add your Latitude WEST and Longitude NORTH in the antenna setup screen.

When using DiSEqC 1.2 make sure to number and store the position of each satellite.
I would go back to "0" on the motor reset and do a factory reset if its not too much bother.

Sorry don't have a Traxis 2500 here right now!

Last edited:
What I am asking is: How do I number and store the position of each satellite?

I also do not know how to go back to "0" on the motor reset and do a factory reset!

Why are there no instructions on how to do these things included with the receiver or motor? I could not even find anything online.

Where did you get the SG2100 is it a genuine model? I got a manual with mine and the reset is explained there on page 5

There is a reset button hole under the motor, with the power on probe the hole... with a paperclip until the light goes yellow, keep the paper clip in there until the light goes green again.

To get back to "0" the receiver may have a GO TO function or using DiSEqC 1.2 motor over to as close as you can to the "0" on the scale as you can.

Sorry do not have the Taxis 2500 here........... doing my best!

Manual page 5 does say how to reset

I looked in the manual on page 5 and it says to drive the motor to "0" via the manual button. I am guessing that I should make AMC-5 my zero position, or else try to move from there by one degree for true South.

Will that solve the problem? There is still no obvious way to set a satellite location on the receiver. Perhaps the reset will stop the dish from moving when I want it to stay still, and then move to other listed satellites at least approximately when I select them. I will give it a try, although it is already completely dark.

Hope that solves the problem, you should be able to move to all the stored satellites when its set up.

Yep you can use the buttons or DiSEqC 1.2 to move the dish.

Started out on the wrong foot

When I got the motor, I proceeded to "install" all of the satellites from the list that I thought I might want to have available. That was not a good idea after all.

I uninstalled all of them, reinstalled AMC-5, pointed the dish at it, reset the motor, and then programmed the transponders (again - the installed list was not complete or quite correct). It appears to be steady and I can watch a few channels.

That is enough for tonight. Tomorrow I will try to move the dish to a second satellite (through the receiver) and see how that goes. SBS-6 and AMC-9 are the closest ones.

Thanks for the help!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)