Traxis DBS3500 doesn't work with remote :(

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ayelvington

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 19, 2011
Russell, PA
My DBS3500 stopped working with the old remote. (I could see IR flashing on camera, so remote was signalling.) I bought a replacement remote and still no joy. Cannot even turn power on and off.

Any thoughts? This is almost a disposable receiver, but it does power on from the front panel, so I really hate to dump it without a fight.

Al

It's possible a part has gone bad in the box, or maybe the firmware just got corrupted. Those are popular scanners because they are so fast, but they will fill the memory in a hurry if you don't keep it cleaned of old channels. You might try a factory default (reset), and if that doesn't help, possibly reload the firmware? I still have a copy of it if it isn't stored on the site here.

It's possible a part has gone bad in the box, or maybe the firmware just got corrupted. Those are popular scanners because they are so fast, but they will fill the memory in a hurry if you don't keep it cleaned of old channels. You might try a factory default (reset), and if that doesn't help, possibly reload the firmware? I still have a copy of it if it isn't stored on the site here.

Regrettably, I have no access whatsoever to any functions not supported by the front panel controls. No remote, no control. I'm thinking that baby is scrap unless there is an upgrade path that is independent of using the remote.

Try holding the CH + button while powering on using a Master Power Switch or plugging the unit into the AC. On many receivers, this will often display a test screen with a reset function.

Regrettably, I have no access whatsoever to any functions not supported by the front panel controls. No remote, no control. I'm thinking that baby is scrap unless there is an upgrade path that is independent of using the remote.

You may have already done this, but have you unplugged the AC . Also I had if I remember correctly was the same issue with my Pansat unit and had even order a new remote until I found that a key on the remote was able to fix the problem. It's been a while but I'm thinking it was either the STB or TV/SAT key that fixed the problem.

By hitting the power button a second time maybe you put the unit into standby mode and you will lock it up. Which I'm thinking maybe you've done. Removing the AC should take it out of this mode per the manual. Hope this is a simple fix that will work on your unit for you.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)