Traxis on c band

Status
Please reply by conversation.

aquarious46

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 10, 2009
florida
I have c band 10 foot mesh dish but no c and receiver.Can i hook up a traxis 3500 FTA receiver to it and receive fta channels. I can move the dish manually.The system use to work fine when i use to sub.

You need an analog reveiver or if you had a 4dtv receiver-that will work.
the analog box can move the dish for you and control your feedhorn servo motor (if you are not using an lnbf which uses coax voltage to change between H and V).
Otherwise if you have a chaparall or other servo equipped feedhorn (little square box with three wires on the end of the feedhorn) you will only get one polarity.

analog boxes are dirt cheap on ebay. I just picked up a nextwave navigator ncc 600 for 37 dollars including free shipping and a free HbO t shirt LOL.

the other option you can do is put on a cheap c band lnbf and get a vbox positioner.
the v box will take commands from your traxis and move the dish. it bridges the gap between old school and new. the traxis can control an lnbf.

the analog or your old receiver would be your cheapest bet assuming all works.

I would get the voltage LNB on there right away..as noted above they're pretty cheap :)

ghetto moving a dish isnt that bad ;)

The lnb on the dish is a c/ku band lnbf.Would i still need the analogue receiver.

Last edited:
Hey LaK7, how does your dmx 741 do on KU on your 10' dish?
Fine for me. Better than the BSC621, haven't tried the CK1.
The convenience is worth it to me.
I do have an 80cm as "backup" for the windy days. :)

Last edited:
I installed a new DMX741 for a friend of mine on Friday and it wasn't bad at all. I agree it was better than the 621 I had. This 741 was installed on a 10 foot Odom dish, and he gets Retro on AMC9 just fine, as well as the PBS stuff on AMC21. The focal length liked to be a bit farther out on KU so I had to find a happy medium between KU and C.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)