Spike on G3 interference tonight - anyone else?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

trinidex

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 16, 2004
Hey guys my (NPS) Spike on DSR920 is crackly tonight, seems to be the only channel, wonder if it is a master issue - anyone else?

Hey guys my (NPS) Spike on DSR920 is crackly tonight, seems to be the only channel, wonder if it is a master issue - anyone else?

Just checked it seems OK by me, 99 Quality. All I see is the typical NPS bitstarving.

Just checked it seems OK by me, 99 Quality. All I see is the typical NPS bitstarving.

Hmm, something is wrong somewhere...

S:66 Q:68 EBNO: +7.9

There are definite "white sparks" and "crackle sounds" - possibly related, but it is the only channel it is happening on :confused:

Hmm, something is wrong somewhere...

S:66 Q:68 EBNO: +7.9

There are definite "white sparks" and "crackle sounds" - possibly related, but it is the only channel it is happening on :confused:

Here's my Quality and a picture of Spike. It's not showing up on the image... darn, but there are sparkles and crackling in the sound when I took these.

Maybe the NPS encryptor is going to blow up :D Then they can get a new one with a 29270 SR already programmed in :D:up

I've seen stuff like this in DC2 before, it is the DC2 encyptor causing this. Call NPS and complain of course they won't do anything till Monday when Crawford comes in to work. :( Thats one thing I can't stand about these channels being reuplinked it's like dealing with my old cable company with NPS. :rant: If we had the national feed it's fixed ASAP not with reuplinked stuff. Although HITS on W5 is pretty good. :up

Attachments

• S1.jpg
    S1.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 191
  • S2.jpg
    S2.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:
Here's my Quality and a picture of Spike. It's not showing up on the image... darn, but there are sparkles and crackling in the sound when I took these.

Maybe the NPS encryptor is going to blow up :D Then they can get a new one with a 29270 SR already programmed in :D:up

I've seen stuff like this in DC2 before, it is the DC2 encyptor causing this. Call NPS and complain of course they won't do anything till Monday when Crawford comes in to work. :( Thats one thing I can't stand about these channels being reuplinked it's like dealing with my old cable company with NPS. :rant: If we had the national feed it's fixed ASAP not with reuplinked stuff. Although HITS on W5 is pretty good. :up

:up Thanks for that - good to know it's not just me!

Nice TV in that shot - looks very similar to my LC-37D64U :D

Just checked Spike, all seems good again.

Just check CallNPS News - no mention of any problems - hahahaha!

There was a problem with the DC2 reuplink channel card for that channel at Crawford. NPS's solution was to turn off and reboot the card. That seems to be NPS's solution for quite a bit lately. Why don't they just go the hit it with a hammer route till it works. I have a hammer they can borrow. :D

There G3 encypter is living on borrowed time. It's just a matter of time that the system is going to go down hard and that will be it. NPS will have to make a decision then to either spend money for new equipment or put the screws to all who have any of those channels in there packages. They have raised rates so much in the past few years that they should be running state of the art at the uplink. But wait a minute if they did that Mike M couldn't be enjoying his new boat and BMW. :rant:

There was a problem with the DC2 reuplink channel card for that channel at Crawford. NPS's solution was to turn off and reboot the card. That seems to be NPS's solution for quite a bit lately. Why don't they just go the hit it with a hammer route till it works. I have a hammer they can borrow. :D

There G3 encypter is living on borrowed time. It's just a matter of time that the system is going to go down hard and that will be it. NPS will have to make a decision then to either spend money for new equipment or put the screws to all who have any of those channels in there packages. They have raised rates so much in the past few years that they should be running state of the art at the uplink. But wait a minute if they did that Mike M couldn't be enjoying his new boat and BMW. :rant:

Oh my goodness, that was funny and gave me a chuckle - I know it's bad news really, but I like a good rant with the rest of 'em!

There's a comedy out of the UK "The IT Crowd" with an infamous line "Have you tried turning it off and on again?" - NPS/Crawford must have seen this!

Ya... NPS 's decisions are all based on profit ONLY lately. Spend nothing, shine it on and take all the gold. Must be them damn college kid bean counters they hired. Probably relatives of the politicians that are band aid fixing the economy. Eventually it is going to blow up like the NPS encoder.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts