Traxis3500 & FEC (CW on G17)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jaray

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 9, 2010
Northern Ontario, Canada
I realized last night after reading that I couldn't scan in the CW channels on 91 G17 C-band without adding in the video PID's and specifying FEC etc.

I remember having no issue doing this on my old SV1000 but seem to have found out that I cannot specify FEC on my Traxis 3500? I find it hard to believe that my worthless ol SV can do it all but not on the Traxis.
Does this mean I'm SOL with viewing these CW channels with the Traxis?
Is there any workaround?
I added the channel/video PID's & PCR but no signal at all on the transponder.

...need my Simpsons fix back ( i think they're on CW)

Unless I'm just missing it, I couldn't see any place on the Traxis to edit the FEC at all. I think I read somewhere that this is done automatically but it obviously doesn't work for these couple channels.

Lak7, i've done just that...created a new channel..populated it with all PID's and transponder info etc and nothing still. Can't be an alignment issue as my other receiver see's it just fine.

Jaray will your Traxis scan in the tps? Or, better question, does it scan in/display any of the 'other' c-band channels on 91W? I have that receiver that I now only use for aiming, but it has problems with 91 c-band, will not display most of those high symbol rate channels at all.
I just noticed the CW channels SR is over 26,000, the scrambled 'other' channels on that sat are about 30k SR, so that might be part of your trouble. My traxis will scan in the tps, but on the channels it Does save, most will only show a black screen with a few color pixels, audio usually works though.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)