TRENDnet Router

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Mr_Flintstone

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 21, 2014
KY
A few days ago I found myself in need of a WiFi router. I looked at the local stores (Wal Mart, Staples, Radio Shack), and the only thing I could find under $50 was a Belkin for $39. Not being a fan of Belkin, I searched the internet for a good, reliable, cheap router. What I found was a TRENDnet TEW-711BR (N-150) for $13.95 with free shipping from walmart.com. They also had a TEW-731BR (N-300) for $16.53. As I only had 3-meg cable internet, I went with the 711BR.

The setup was extremely easy. As a matter of fact, it comes from the factory with WPA2 encryption enabled with a random passphrase printed on a peel-off sticker so you can use it straight out of the box if you choose. I chose to customize mine so it would have the same passphrase and admin password as my previous Linksys.

So far it has been rock-solid, and the range covers my whole house. I have since upped my internet speed to 6-meg, and I have run 3 Roku's and a couple of iPads simultaneously with no dropouts or lags. I have also used it to stream HD video wirelessly from my PC/DLNA server without incident.

The only negative that have noticed is that it only runs on 2.4 ghz, but that isn't a problem for me because the signal from my nearest neighbor doesn't even make it to my house. Overall I think it is a wonderful value for the price.

Reactions: bhawley

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)