tri pod help

TUNAMIKE

Original poster
May 12, 2008
HELLO ALL I AM JUST A DAY OLD NEWBEE SO BEAR WITH ME. I AM TRYING TO GET A 322 RECEIVER WORKING FROM A DISH PRO 500 DISH WITH DUAL LNB AND 4 CABLES COMING FROM IT I HAVE HOOKED 2 OF THE WIRES DIRECTLY INTO THE BACK OF THE 322 RECVR BUT I CAN NOT GET A SIGNAl IHAVE ALL THE ALIGNMENTS IN ORDER I HAVE A CHEAP SAT FINDER GAUGE THAT I HAVE PINGING OFF THE WALL SIGNAL STRENGTH BUT I CAN NOT AFTER TRYING FOR DAYS AND SLEEPLESS NITES BEEN ABLE TO GET A SIGNAL ON THE TV STRENGHT METER ONE TIME I HAD A GOOD SIGNAL BUT AFTER LOCKING ON IT LOST IT IN THE ACQUIRING PROCESS. DO I NEED SOME SORT OF SWITCH SPLITTER ETC OR AM I JUST TO DUMB TO DO THIS. I HAVE SET UP MANY OLD SAT DISHES YEARS AGO BUT THIS NEW GADGET HAS GOT THE BEST OF ME. ALSO I HAVE SWITCHED THE 4 WIRES MANY TIMES IN THE BACK 2 SAT IN JACKS TO NO AVAIL OHM CHECK IS GOOD ON ALL 4 LINES HELP PLEASE

I have modifed my amp. power face plate like your pictures you posted. What about the bedroom tv should I split the incomming cable to go too the bedroom cable.
Thanks Jim

Okay....Try this....Get the "DishProPlus" Twin LNB, and the seperator....Run one cable from the dish to the outside cable input of the RV....According to Winegard's literature the video distribution box probably contains the antenna amplifier, so you may not have a wall plate amplifier.....You have 5 inputs (satellite, cable, VCR, antenna, and DVD) and 3 and possibly 4 outputs (main TV, TV2, DVDand possibly VCR/TV3).....Disconnect the coax from the cable input and connect it to your 625, using the seperator to connect to TV1 and TV2 sat inputs......Connect TV1 output coax to the cable input of your video distribution box and TV2 to the Sat input....On the front of the video distribution box be sure to set main to Cable and second to Sat....This should allow you to watch indpendent progaraming on the front and rear TVs. Also by switching between cable/sat to antenna you should be able to use your OTA roof antenna also.

HELLO ALL I AM JUST A DAY OLD NEWBEE SO BEAR WITH ME. I AM TRYING TO GET A 322 RECEIVER WORKING FROM A DISH PRO 500 DISH WITH DUAL LNB AND 4 CABLES COMING FROM IT I HAVE HOOKED 2 OF THE WIRES DIRECTLY INTO THE BACK OF THE 322 RECVR BUT I CAN NOT GET A SIGNAl IHAVE ALL THE ALIGNMENTS IN ORDER I HAVE A CHEAP SAT FINDER GAUGE THAT I HAVE PINGING OFF THE WALL SIGNAL STRENGTH BUT I CAN NOT AFTER TRYING FOR DAYS AND SLEEPLESS NITES BEEN ABLE TO GET A SIGNAL ON THE TV STRENGHT METER ONE TIME I HAD A GOOD SIGNAL BUT AFTER LOCKING ON IT LOST IT IN THE ACQUIRING PROCESS. DO I NEED SOME SORT OF SWITCH SPLITTER ETC OR AM I JUST TO DUMB TO DO THIS. I HAVE SET UP MANY OLD SAT DISHES YEARS AGO BUT THIS NEW GADGET HAS GOT THE BEST OF ME. ALSO I HAVE SWITCHED THE 4 WIRES MANY TIMES IN THE BACK 2 SAT IN JACKS TO NO AVAIL OHM CHECK IS GOOD ON ALL 4 LINES HELP PLEASE
Try starting a new thread without yelling (all caps). This one has erroneous posts confusing the topic. Also tell us about all your equipment, it looks like you have Legacy LNBs incorrectly connected.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts