Tribune Broadcasting Company Blacks Out DISH Customers in 33 Markets;

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
fot an rca flat hdtv antenna. I went to chat since they told me I would get the adapter and basically was told I was told wrong even though I shared the transcript. They should give a free OTA adapter if this is there solution.
I Knew you weren't getting that.
Even in your transcript it was still mostly you talking and the rest was generic.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

OK, I just received the free antenna that Dish sent to me. It is an RCA ANT1450BFW, which is an amplified, flat, multi-directional antenna. As I and everyone else speculated, Dish did NOT send me an OTA dongle for my HWS receiver. The customer service agent told me that I would be receiving the OTA dongle, but he was wrong!

This is what Dish sent:
http://www.rcaantennas.net/indoor-hd-antenna/?sku=ANT1450BF

Now I have to decide if I should call Dish and pester them for the OTA dongle that they told me I would be receiving.

BTW, extremely fast shipping and delivery of the antenna!
If you get a free OTA dongle, I also want a free OTA dongle. Let me know. . .

I am not even caring that WPIX is on now. The show I watch Containment is once again preempted for stupid Yankees Baseball next week and it is a new episode. I will have to watch it on Hulu the next day. What a waste. Show Yankess Baseball on Cop TV MY 9 waste of a rerun network.

Also forgot to say but does the antenna get high VHF? WPIX in NYC is on RF 11.

I live at the top of one of the hills
Haha ! I doubt you're at 6000' elevation, but you see that height definitely helps ! I must say, I'm still surprised you can pick up stations at 40 miles. Is the antenna in front of a window, that faces the towers, as well ?

For those who lost their local Fox affiliate to this dispute, and cannot receive it OTA, Dish is offering a free trial of Sling TV during the dispute. Go to www.mydish.com/tribune

I saw this offer when I entered my zip code at dishpromise.com
I wonder how, ummm, "strict" they are about this ? If one puts in the "right" zip code, does Dish check any further to see if you really qualify ?

I also able to redeem the Sling offer even though I am not loosing Fox channel in my area (Southern California- San Fernando Valley). I only lost KTLA in my area. But offer was in place for me to redeem which I did.

I have a slightly different version of that RCA amplified flat antenna, credit to DISH for using that one because it is one of the best I have used. It won't perform miracles and won't rival a good outdoor antenna but for many it will work well. It was able to get very decent signals, flat terrain from Tampa (actually the towers are in Riverview) from about 40 miles by air. I eventually installed a regular antenna in the attic but could have used that antenna.

Haha ! I doubt you're at 6000' elevation, but you see that height definitely helps ! I must say, I'm still surprised you can pick up stations at 40 miles. Is the antenna in front of a window, that faces the towers, as well ?
Not even close! I am at about 400' elevation. Still, with all the trees and other obstructions, I was surprised that it worked as good as it did!

Strangely enough, the best place for the antenna was in the opposite window that I thought it should be placed in. The wire from the antenna had to be positioned a very certain way to get a strong signal.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I called after I received only the antenna and was told they are out of stock of the USB adapter so they gave me a credit. They also said that people affected can also signup for Sling TV for free during the dispute. I just hope this is resolved before football starts in August.

Can someone in the Chicago area verify something for me, please? One of my coworkers who lives in NW Indiana says that not only did he lose WGN from the 009-00 channel, he says his 722 will not tune in 009-01 anymore, even though he can watch WGN on his TV. Did Dish do something to prevent OTA reception of the disputed channel? I can't imagine them doing so, especially since they were sending out free TV antennas, implying that you would be able to watch via your Dish receiver.

I tried to say he must be mistaken, but he was pretty insistent that the ATSC version of WGN was being blacked out. I live too far away so I can't verify this.

Can someone in the Chicago area verify something for me, please? One of my coworkers who lives in NW Indiana says that not only did he lose WGN from the 009-00 channel, he says his 722 will not tune in 009-01 anymore, even though he can watch WGN on his TV. Did Dish do something to prevent OTA reception of the disputed channel? I can't imagine them doing so, especially since they were sending out free TV antennas, implying that you would be able to watch via your Dish receiver.

I tried to say he must be mistaken, but he was pretty insistent that the ATSC version of WGN was being blacked out. I live too far away so I can't verify this.

As of last night WGN 009-01 worked fine for me on the Hopper.

Well I never asked for one and Still got one anyway lol.

282427ff02b343120b91315d0c3084a5.jpg

Guess I'll try it out.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Well having to resort to OTA, that I have ready for times like this, it really goes to show how much better the OTA picture quality is than off the dish. And I just had mine repeaked and a new LNB installed last week. Unfortunate reminders . . .