Tribune/Dish Dispute?

WGN America isn't worth anymore money or making our rates go up. The channel used to be really good in the 80s and 90s as SuperStation WGN. Today it has no value really. Tribune's local affiliate contract should have nothing to do with WGN America.

if they want to add value bring back the CUBS. They are the hottest team in baseball (although I know being the best team in baseball at the all star break means nothing as my pirates were the best team 3 years in a row and ended up with losing records all 3 years). Also bring back the wgn morning, noon, and 9pm news.

I am willing to bet that WGN America will soon enough be rebranded to drop the WGN name. It will be reversed from WTBS becoming WPCH to distance the OTA channel from the cable/satellite channel. TBS was a stronger cable/sat name than WTBS was to Atlanta, where WGN is a stronger name to Chicago than WGN America is to the rest of the country. Then again, for all you wrestling fans, WCW is what made TBS valuable around the country.

OTA WGN-TV 9 has announced they're dropping their affiliation with the CW in Chicago. This was of course done before the "Blackout". OTA WGN -TV 9 apparently wants to focus on News, Sports and Syndicated Programming. The Cubs, Sox, Bulls and Hawks sometimes have to be farmed out to WCIU due to CW Broadcasts.

In addition, WGN America was great when they carried the Cubs, Sox, Bulls and Hawks. Those days are over.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts