Trick to find 72.5 Satellite

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bradcny

Original poster
Sep 22, 2005
Some of you may already be aware of this, but for those of you who need a second dish to get your local stations, here is a trick that we installers use. It works everytime. Here's what you do: Take a line going from a port on the 72.5 LNB and barrell connect it to a line that goes directly into a receiver. This next part will require the aid of an assistant (or an open window with your TV's volume turned up) Whatever receiver's sat in line you have barrell connected to, go to the signal strength meter for the 101 sat and go to transponder #4. Now go outside and start moving your 72.5 dish. When you read at least an 80 or 85 on the meter, lock the dish down, then reconnect your receiver line back to the "Out" port on your multiswitch and connect the 72.5 to the 18V 22Khz and go autodetect your receiver(s) It will work.

First off if you are a true installer as you state the chance you would be using the receiver signal meter to adjust a dish is slim.

Sure is a great tip for someone getting ready to install a 72.5! Thanks a lot! Makes it easy for someone who is not real experienced in finding the sat.

Well, yes I am SBCA certified and I am a professional installer. My post was intended for do-it-yourselfers who do not have a signal meter. Besides, the 72.5 is very hard to find with a Dual Buddy, if you're willing to spend the $400 + on a Bird Dog go ahead. So your doubt as to my credentials is misplaced.

dragon002 said:
and transponder 4 in my area is the weakest, so you get it to 80 it would be screaming.
Held my dish in my hand last night and with my wife helping(damn she hates my hobbies), i got a 92 on trans 2. I knew they just used evens on directv 1, just didn't know some was weaker than others.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts