tricky sports blackouts question:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tony1097

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 4, 2006
I live in zip code 44035, which allows me to get the Blue Jackets, but all of the Crew games are blacked out.. now I know that D* does not carry a channel that broadcasts crew games on a regular basis, but am I able to stake a claim that i am in Crew territory, and that I should be able to view every Crew game on D*'s system?

edited to say "Zip" and not "area"

Crew matches are telecast on Columbus Sports Network (OTA chnl32 or local cable) and away games are on the Ohio News Network (local cable or FTA) What are you asking? They have no carriage agreement it appears with any of your "major RSNs" I may be misreading your question.

Crew matches are telecast on Columbus Sports Network (OTA chnl32 or local cable) and away games are on the Ohio News Network (local cable or FTA) What are you asking? They have no carriage agreement it appears with any of your "major RSNs" I may be misreading your question.

I get the Cleveland OTA's and can't get columbus's, so basically, I feel like I get kind of blackballed on the whole deal, since ONN isn't on D*, nor can I get ch32.* maybe I should be asking a D* Rep this, and probably should.. but say for example, the Crew are playing the Red Bulls and MSG has the game. do I have a right to claim that I should get the MSG broadcast of this game, since there is no Crew one available to me? If there is a Cleveland OTA that has the Crew, let me know! I dont even think my Cable company has ONN (but some of the surrounding ones do)which makes the situation more tricky.

I might just end up getting the MLS package, but I would be peeved even if they still black out the Crew games.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)