Tried Cancelling hd package and wasn't allowed

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gredneck

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 25, 2003
I called dish today and tried to cancel the hd package, the woman asked why and I told her that there wasn't enough HD for $9.95 a month.
she put me on hold, when she came back she told me I could not cancel
the HD pack because I had an HD receiver and it didn't make sense.
I proceeded top tell her that the receiver still worked with regular satellite
channels, but she still questioned me on why i would even think about buying a receiver like that and not have the HD pack.

I told her that I owned the receiver outright and could do what I wanted with it.
still the same "it doesn't make sense" I finally blew up at her and said do you like people telling you what to do with a item you paid $1000.00 for? (plus a few other words :D no vulgarities!) she finally said that she would give me the hd pack for 4.95 a mo. for a year.
I agreed to it, figuring she wasn't going to let me cancel the package, and my break time was running out. :no

I was under the impression that you didn't have to have the hd package to have the 921?

I can't speak for the 921 but I own my 811 outright and canceled the HD package after about a month because of the lack of content. The lady I talked to at E* argued a little with me telling me my 811 would'nt work without being subscribed to the HD package. I politely told yes it would. She talked to another person and then canceled the package (of course the $5 change fee was applied). The great thing is that I have HBO so I get HDHBO anyway. I would assume it is the same for the 921.

I'm going to try another csr tomorrow, maybe i'll make some head way.

on second thought......
at $4.95 a month, it isn't bad to have tnt hd, discovery hd and a couple movie channels.

They told me the same thing about not being able to downgrade from the HD pak but right before I decided to get 'stern' then told me they would let me have it for 4.95.

I said OK...IMO its barley worth 4.95.

Claude Greiner said:
If your leasing an HD receiver or got a FREE HD receiver in a 1 year committment then you cannot downgrade and remove the HD pack.

If you bought your 811, 6000 or 921 then you can do as you please!

Wait a minute. Your saying that even after the 1yr commit is up I cant cancel the HD pack?? I thought after my commit, I could do anything in regards to channel packages I got.

Paradox-SJ said:
More detail"

What they said to me was that if you bought the 921 at the 549.00 or less price it is a promo and apart of the prom is that you must have the HD pak for a year.

Weird... So if I were to buy a 921 from Costco or somewhere other than E*, it's consider a "promo"? That doesn't make any business sense. Wait...what am I saying? ;)

If you have a commitment as part of your new installation... you have to serve that commitment.

If not.. screw their HD pak. Go up the chain to a CSR that'll let you cancel it.

Actaully

If you look at the commitment that you sign, unless it's a 3rd party retailer commitment, there is nothing that says you can't cancel the HD pak. The first promo with the hd811 that was selling it for $149 i believe had a 1 yr commitment to the hd pak but nothing now, including dishn' it up and especially the 921 purchase deals requires you to keep the hd pak. If a CSR will not take it off and you want it off, escalate it and it will happen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)