Tried to switch to Directv

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

plubar

Original poster
Jun 28, 2006
So last week I decided to make the switch to Directv from Dish. My install was set for Saturday from 12-4. I rushed home so I would not miss the installer and waited. Finally I got a call at 3 and they said the installers truck broke down a few hours ago and wasn't going to make. So why didn't they call me a few hours ago?
I then reschuled for Sunday morning, I even called Directv and the installer to confirm, because working on Sunday seemed a little odd. So I sat around and waited all morning and did not hear anything. I decided to call and make sure the installer was going to show. Directv then told me that my appointment had been cancelled. They called the installer to see what was going on and they said they don't work on Sundays.
As you can imagine I was very frustrated and canceled my account. Guess I will be sticking with Dish. I really like Dirctv's HD offerings, plus it was a lower price, but if this how they treat new customers.
I just wanted to vent and see if anyone had any similar experiences or if this was a rare mistake by Directv.

So last week I decided to make the switch to Directv from Dish. My install was set for Saturday from 12-4. I rushed home so I would not miss the installer and waited. Finally I got a call at 3 and they said the installers truck broke down a few hours ago and wasn't going to make. So why didn't they call me a few hours ago?
I then reschuled for Sunday morning, I even called Directv and the installer to confirm, because working on Sunday seemed a little odd. So I sat around and waited all morning and did not hear anything. I decided to call and make sure the installer was going to show. Directv then told me that my appointment had been cancelled. They called the installer to see what was going on and they said they don't work on Sundays.
As you can imagine I was very frustrated and canceled my account. Guess I will be sticking with Dish. I really like Dirctv's HD offerings, plus it was a lower price, but if this how they treat new customers.
I just wanted to vent and see if anyone had any similar experiences or if this was a rare mistake by Directv.

I ran into a similar situation, in fact my install was not totally done right until the 5th appointment. The key to remember in such situation is call DirecTV retention department, ask them to compensate you for lost wages, vacation or anything you can think of, be polite but persistent, don't argue with the installer or the installing company, let DirecTV deal with them. If you work out some arrangement with the install company then DirecTV is not obligated to give you any credits.

It is standard that for a missed appointment without prior notification, you get $100 credit. I got two of such credits, and the 3RD one they give me $10 off for 6 months because it was a Sunday.

The key to remember in such situation is call DirecTV retention department, ask them to compensate you for lost wages, vacation or anything you can think of, be polite but persistent, don't argue with the installer or the installing company, let DirecTV deal with them.
Is anything that you would compare financially to having a debilitating illness really worth it?

Thats really odd. Here in NE Ohio, my controller box quit working, and I was surprised a tech from DTV came out on Sunday to replace the box. AND he was on time. No complaints here at all!

Keith in Ohio

Thats really odd. Here in NE Ohio, my controller box quit working, and I was surprised a tech from DTV came out on Sunday to replace the box. AND he was on time. No complaints here at all!

Keith in Ohio

x2

Bluegrass here in NEO seems to be on the ball.

For whatever reason, all of my service and install appts. from D* have been scheduled for a Sunday over the years. This is not because I wasn't available to be there during the week either.
All have been on time within a reasonable variance. All but one have been very good at the install/service.

I have a question for you Direct Guys. I live in the New Orleans area, if I want my HD locals and all the HD content, could I get that with one dish, or would I need a wing dish?

I have a question for you Direct Guys. I live in the New Orleans area, if I want my HD locals and all the HD content, could I get that with one dish, or would I need a wing dish?

Your hd locals and other hd channels are from one dish. I'm not sure about the sd locals, but I think they are from the same dish, also.

i got my directv installed fast
order thru the phone set appointment within 4 to 7 days
people from ironwood commutication installed it on the 6th day
keep trying

After 4 cancellations by the installation company, mine was done a few weeks ago.

It can be very very frustrating, but I am happy now.:)

After 4 cancellations by the installation company, mine was done a few weeks ago.

It can be very very frustrating, but I am happy now.:)

You have more patience than I do. I don't know if I could have made it through 4 cancellations.

You have more patience than I do. I don't know if I could have made it through 4 cancellations.

Hey my installation was not done 100% correct until the 5th try, but i knew before it all started so I was not frustrated that much, I knew I might have to go through a few bad ones first, and would get credits for bad experience, and each time they would try to send out a better installer, until at the very last trip they sent out the best of four, he was on clock not even a subcontractor, so he took his time and did not charge me for anything extra on items such as a special under the eave mount and a second WB68 switch. He even installed an additional HDDVR I bought from Costco for free.

I install for Dish and Sundays are my Mondays. S'all good, though, because that just lets me get on the ski hill on Thursdays and Fridays, when there's no one else on the hill. ;) It's not unusual for me to pull a 10-14 hour day on a Sunday. I always get a grin out of how many people are surprised big companies like Dish and Direct are operational 24/7/365.

It started in January and got it in April. The last time I called Direct I told them my situation and they assured me I would have my install on that day. I even got 2 phone calls from the installation company on that day keeping me updated and assure me that everything was on time.

All one dish. Slimline. When it stays aimed its great. Mine was installed on my roof and I had to reaim it twice in six months. If I ever get D* again (not likely unless they bring TIVO back) the dish is going on a pole, no question about it.

I always get a grin out of how many people are surprised big companies like Dish and Direct are operational 24/7/365.

Shows you how mentaly challenged they are that it takes them however many days from the time they scheduled till you get there that they realize your working on a Sunday.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts