Triple LNB Question?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Alan Gordon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 20, 2003
Dawson, GA
I'm fixing to get a Phase III dish with the multi-switch built in, if I decide to get a 4x8 multiswitch later, would the integrated multi-switch interfere with the 4x8?!

~Alan

Alan Gordon said:
I'm fixing to get a Phase III dish with the multi-switch built in, if I decide to get a 4x8 multiswitch later, would the integrated multi-switch interfere with the 4x8?!

~Alan

I don't know for sure, but I installed the Phase III dish first, aimed it, then added the 4X8 switch in and everything works fine in my setup, so I don't see why it wouldn't work for you.

I am getting upgraded to HD from my current DUAL LNB dish and I was hoping to avoid having 3 new cables run thru my wall.

I had seen the cascadable switch and I wanted to know if the installer were to use the 2 existing cables from the dish'es switch thru cascadable switch would this avoid running more cable, except for the OTA one?

Mark

boba said:
You need a cascadable 4X8 or 5X8 and you will have no problem with the built in switch.

Does each cable carry the signal from all 3 satellites?

I say this since it sounds as if a cable runs to each receiver and the receiver interprets the signals.

And it also sounds as if you can't use something that will allow the signal to be split to multiple receivers without losing some channels due the 2nd switch not passing thru the signals. It sounded like a cascabable switch would allow this to happen, but I get the feeling that's not at all the case.

Am I missing something?

Mark

boba said:
You need all 4 cables to bring in the signals from all three satellites.

voominla said:
Does each cable carry the signal from all 3 satellites?

I say this since it sounds as if a cable runs to each receiver and the receiver interprets the signals.

And it also sounds as if you can't use something that will allow the signal to be split to multiple receivers without losing some channels due the 2nd switch not passing thru the signals. It sounded like a cascabable switch would allow this to happen, but I get the feeling that's not at all the case.

Am I missing something?

Mark

Each of the 4 cables coming from the Multi Sat dish carries ALL of the 3 satellite feeds.

Then it's possible to use the 2 exising cables with some sort of multiswitch inside and not have to run a cable directly to each receiver ??

I just need to have the correct type of switch.

Mark
justsatellites said:
Each of the 4 cables coming from the Multi Sat dish carries ALL of the 3 satellite feeds.

I might in left field here but when I upgraded to the triple sat dish I only had to run 1 cable per TV. The multiswitch is in the LNB itself. I did remember that you have to have a relativility new receiver thats smart enough to send the correct signal to the LNB.
One cable for one TV. There are 4 outputs on the dish.
I can have 4 TV running from this dish.

wa1hog said:
I might in left field here but when I upgraded to the triple sat dish I only had to run 1 cable per TV. The multiswitch is in the LNB itself. I did remember that you have to have a relativility new receiver thats smart enough to send the correct signal to the LNB.
One cable for one TV. There are 4 outputs on the dish.
I can have 4 TV running from this dish.

I have TIVO, and a standard receiver currently from a dual-lnb dish. 2 cables into a multiswitch.

It sounds like for the triple-lnb dish you can't run from the on-dish multiswitch to another switch as it's designed to go from the dish directly to the receiver.

What does a cascadable multi-switch do?

Mark

Well, I got my new dish up, but I have yet to run the cable because of a twisted ankle, but plan to this Thursday. However, when I went to Home Depot the other day to get my new cable, I noticed that they had the regular RG-6 cable, and some RG-6 Quad Cable. I must admit that I am unfamiliar with Quad Cable and my attempts to look it up has given me three different explanations as to what it is and if I should spend more money for it. Would appreciate any explanations that someone can give me.

Thanks!
~Alan

voominla said:
I have TIVO, and a standard receiver currently from a dual-lnb dish. 2 cables into a multiswitch.

It sounds like for the triple-lnb dish you can't run from the on-dish multiswitch to another switch as it's designed to go from the dish directly to the receiver.

What does a cascadable multi-switch do?

Mark

A cascadable multiswitch has a 22 khz tone generator built in which allows the reciever to select the right satellite.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts