Triple Play

nonrev

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 2, 2007
NJ
My one year promotion just expired and was wondering if there was anything other promotion available, as we are finding it hard to justify continuing at the non triple-play rate. Please help.

If you keep all three services make sure you're signed up for Optimum Rewards, it will give you $5 of OOL and $15 off of OV. Other then that, sign up with a competitor and perhaps you will get a triple play extension when you call to cancel through the retention department. If not, switch and you should get a win back offer in a couple of months.

You can call them and tell them you are going to cancel. My co-worker called to cancel his, and they gave him another year at the same price. I don't know for sure that they will do the same thing for you, but if you are going to cancel because of the rates, it's worth a shot. Worst they can say is "don't let the door hit you on the way out"

My triple play ran out so I called. When I said I was going to satellite (Dish) they did not offer me anything . The retention CSR said she could not give me any discounts either. So I am back with AT&T phone and Dish. AT& T Elite and all distance is $78.00 with the Fed line charges etc. It comes with a wireless router/modem for $79.00 with a full price mail in rebate and a $200 rebate. They do charge $65.00 to port the phone number. Dish HD has more channels and a real DVR. I've had DirecTv but did not like their DVR's. The only thing is the Rangers are not in the Dish DMA. Most of their ganes are on Centre Ice but not in HD. Some are on my Bell HD programming. It just was not worth $50 for the poor DVR and the constant breaking up of the HD channels.

Ok, Just ordered Fios the deal i got is :

$95. TV, phone and internet for 1 year
free Home media dvr for 90 days
free HD receiver for 90 days
free HD receuver for 1 year
free Movie ticket HBO, Cinemax & Movie for 90 days

1 year contract but can cancel withen 90 without earley term. fee
Returning customer but i dont think that matters.
I called CV yesterday to see it they can do any deal because my promotion is up,
but i was not cancelling yet so maybe that is why they did not offer me anything.
But the cr rep. gave me his number and ext. to call him when ready to cancel.
So maybe when i do they will offer something.

Last edited:
i can guarentee you, you will not be paying 95 especially after they add the taxes and surcharges

Same thing happened to me. I remember signing up and they said when the promotion ran out, it would only be a few more dollars per month. I guess their defenition of a few is over $50. I have dish network coming out for an install today, but I will still use their internet, and for phone I went with Phone power voip service. Only $200 for 2 years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts