Trouble Cascading Diseqc

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

equant

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 23, 2007
Tucson, AZ
Here's what I have...

Receiver -> 4x1 Diseqc -> 2x1 Diceqc

My first question is what are the proper Visionsat settings? Under the "DiSEqC SW" there are three options. "1.0", "1.0 (Dis..." and "1.1". Where do I put the first switch? The first line? And the second switch the second line?

The reason I ask, is because I can get it setup so that it's working... Picking LNB 2, 3 and 4 off of the first Diseqc switch, and picking LNB 1 and 2 on the second switch through the first port of the first switch.

After a while (5 minutes, 2 hours?) I can't find anything on the 2x1 switch, but everything else still works.

Any ideas? I don't have any splitters in the equation.

Thanks

You cannot cascade Diseqc switches unless the first one in the line is a 1.1. 1.1 switches are hard too find, so check the info on the switches themselfes too see if 1 is a 1.1 switch. Place that in line first from the receiver then the 1.0. If the first one is a 1.1 then use the 1.1 settings in the menu. As for the correct ports , I'm unsure since I have never tried a 1.1 switch.

There are no 'proper' setting for any receiver, everybodies switch set up is different and must conform to the way they are connected.

You can use a 22kHz switch before or after the Diseqc(4 port) switch in order to get 8 sats, if you are using fixed dishes without universal lnbfs. If a motorized dish is involved use receiver-switch 22-motor-diseqc ports 1-4. Only Ecoda 22kHz swithes will work before a motor.

For the record, DiSEqC switches will work in either order (1.0 then 1.1 or vice versa), but it will depend on what order your receiver wants to command them. Some computer apps driving USB/PCI receivers allow you to choose whatever order you prefer.

My standalone receiver will do either 1.1 or 1.0 for a particular satellite, but it doesn't care to do both. When I wanted to add a bunch of LNBs to an existing 1.0 switch (4x1), I added a 1.1 switch (8x1) to port one of the 4x1 (opposite of the above advice). It should work the other way, also. When a switch is not commanded, it generally chooses port 1, which provides access to the other switch. It's a hack because if I switch to something on the second switch from anything else, I have to flip the receiver's power on and off to force the first switch to port one. This hack is going to die soon.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts