Trouble getting signal on HD Box on Whole House Setup

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lenagilmore

Original poster
Jun 20, 2011
Jackson, TN
This is my first post and I'm hopeful that someone can help!! We have relocated our boxes from our 2nd home to our 1st. After plugging everything in I can get a signal on the HD DVR in Livingroom on 101. Don't have the Slimline Dish here, have the round. We will be moving the Slimline Dish from 2nd home to 1st home next weekend. Mainly because we want the HD Channels at 2nd home.

When trying to setup HD box in bedroom, it is unable to locate a satellite, it keeps giving message 771. It also keeps saying "Do not install B-Band adapters". And Tuner 1: Not Acquired. After reading many threads on this site I am very hopeful that someone can help. Any and all suggestions will be appreciated.

Assuming you have a SWM system at house number 2 I would go to repeat satellite set up and select 18' round. This will only be SD and no HD BUT it should get you by until you have your slimline dish at house number 1.

Your receiver probably still thinks it is connected to an SWM dish which is probably what you have at the other house. You have to specify the correct dish/multiswitch setup. Go into the setup menu, sat setup, set switch type to "multiswitch", set dish type to 18in round. The BBcs are irrelevant because you won't have HD with the round dish.

Your receiver probably still thinks it is connected to an SWM dish which is probably what you have at the other house. You have to specify the correct dish/multiswitch setup. Go into the setup menu, sat setup, set switch type to "multiswitch", set dish type to 18in round. The BBcs are irrelevant because you won't have HD with the round dish.
<br />

We are planning on moving slimline dish this weekend. Is it difficult to locate satellites necessary for HD? Thanks for replying. I did as suggested and now am getting regular programs under satellite 101
<br />

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)