Trouble hooking HD box up to SD with component

Status
Please reply by conversation.

huckyourmeat

Original poster
Dec 10, 2010
Denver
I'm having trouble hooking my H24-200 up to my old CRT TV with component video cables. I set the box to 4:3, tried all of the different "fit" settings (cropped, stretch, bars, etc), removed every resolution other than 480i, and I still get a bluish, rolling picture. When I hook up with standard red, white, yellow RCA, everything works fine.

Thoughts??

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know, it's working now, so why "muck" with it...

It's more my drive to solve the actual problem than to be satisfied with an OK solution that's making me want to fix it!

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know, it's working now, so why "muck" with it...

It's more my drive to solve the actual problem than to be satisfied with an OK solution that's making me want to fix it!

More then likely the inputs are bad on the TV.
Seen this happen a lot with components especially on older TV's
I think because they never get used, they get mucked up but I dunno why for sure.

I'm having trouble hooking my H24-200 up to my old CRT TV with component video cables. I set the box to 4:3, tried all of the different "fit" settings (cropped, stretch, bars, etc), removed every resolution other than 480i, and I still get a bluish, rolling picture. When I hook up with standard red, white, yellow RCA, everything works fine.

Thoughts??

Did you try another set of component cables? How about double checking the blue and green cables to be sure they aren't mixed up. With my mild color blindness, I have to check carefully to be sure I am connecting them correctly.

You have to make sure, your Directv HD receiver is set on 480i.

Otherwise it will default to 480p
What does the Blue light on the front of the receiver show?

Just because the tv has component inputs doesn't mean its HD or Enhanced definition.
So even 480p will make for a distorted picture.

Thanks for the suggestions. TV is RCA 27V530T. The receiver shows 480i, and that's all I have enabled in the resolution settings. The cables are hooked up fine and work perfectly when I plug into the DVD player.

Did you try another set of component cables? How about double checking the blue and green cables to be sure they aren't mixed up. With my mild color blindness, I have to check carefully to be sure I am connecting them correctly.

I have color issues as well....red/green color blind and color ignorant. Component cables are a last resort for me. A while back I was working almost upside down in a dark closet I mixed the red audio and red video. Was prewired through walls w/component to TV that was 20 ft away, HDMI not an option. Customer said it was ugly...looked pretty good to me. LOL Without my LED headlamp I'm screwed. Even with it I have to be careful. Have even asked customer to check them for me.

RF mod just makes a bad situation worse....about as low-def as you can get.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts