Trouble installing a T55 dish - please help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

satatak

Original poster
May 10, 2006
Hi all, here's the story:

I tried to install a T55 dish to pick up 91, 110, 119. I was able to finally get 91 and at a very good strength (85%). I was unable to get so much as a blip for 119. As for 110, though it is in the correct position on the LNB guide, I can only get 40% IF I pull back the LNB with a fair bit of force - letting go of the LNB causes the signal to disappear from 110 entirely (playing with skew and elevation and sliding the holder left and right does not help).

I am confused because I thought if you get your closest to center LNB aligned correctly and pulling in a strong signal, the others are simply a matter of positioning them on the right spot on the LNB guide (provided the elevation, skew, and placement on the LNB holder markings are all correct).

My best guess is that the elevation and skew are off... I did try playing with these settings but to no avail. Does the fact that pulling back hard on the 110 LNB causes the signal to come in (albeit weakly) provide any clues?

I am completely at a loss - any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

BTW, yes, I am using reversed circular LNBs for all sats... here are all the numbers I am using (taken from the T55 manual, for the correct city - Toronto).

Elevation: 35.6

Skew: 67.3

A/Z: 216.6

91 LNB Position: L11.1

110 LNB Position: R9.3

119 LNB Position R18.0

lots of work to get both dn and bev, plus must cost a small fortune for subs.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)